Meharry News? Anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah I was considering buying a house as well, but with a house you also have to worry about maintenance for example if your roof starts leaking where would I get the $5,000 to fix it?? I do however like the idea of owning a house so I will probably move into one hopefully next year. :D

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Everyone,

Ok, so finally my housing issue has been resolved!!! I'll be moving into a 2bdroom apt. in the Towers :clap: :clap:

After divinemsm called me on the telephone on Monday, I knew that I had to move. Thank God that there's someone at Meharry watching out for lil' ol' me :D

I hope to see everyone soon!

docjolly said:
Hi Everyone,

Ok, so finally my housing issue has been resolved!!! I'll be moving into a 2bdroom apt. in the Towers :clap: :clap:

After divinemsm called me on the telephone on Monday, I knew that I had to move. Thank God that there's someone at Meharry watching out for lil' ol' me :D

I hope to see everyone soon!

congrats, we can all now breath a sigh of relief! welcome to the Meharry family!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi y'all. For all of you who are in, CONGRATS. You all deserve to be there! :) Me, I'm jealous. I'm still the outsider hoping to join your family.

In any case, I was wondering if any of you can advise me.

I've been emailing Davis and Mosley and have started calling them consistently just this week (I know, I should've done this awhile back). I spoke to Ms. Davis, Monday, who said the class is full but theres's still a chance for those of us waistlisted. I'm still hopeful (thanks to all of your encouragement). I left a message with Mosley yesterday and Davis today and I'm starting to feel like I'm bothering them. I've been keeping the conversations short mainly asking questions about my status, the class, being waitlisted, any openings. Gosh....I feel like I'm being pushy. Is there a better approach? From the wise (you all are in), I'm hoping to get some tips.

BTW...is there any one else on this thread still hoping to get off that waitlist or is it me by my lonesome?

I'm still waiting to hear from them. I have called them few times before, but they didn't sound too welcoming so I haven't done much of it anymore. I never get any e-mail response from neither one of them. I'm not too optimistic about my chances since there's only few days left.

dr.z said:
I'm still waiting to hear from them. I have called them few times before, but they didn't sound too welcoming so I haven't done much of it anymore. I never get any e-mail response from neither one of them. I'm not too optimistic about my chances since there's only few days left.

Dr. Z and Tabi,

I'm reposting what I said last week. The only changes to what I said earlier are to now call every other day, if not everyday, since it is so close to the start date of MAPS. Trust me, they are definitely still pulling people from the waitlist! As I stressed in my post, GURANTEE them that you will attend Meharry if you are accepted. Good luck for all of you who are waiting for the magical call, feel free to PM me!

To all that have already been accepted, welcome to the Meharry family. You're about to being a wild, but enjoyful (yes enjoyful!) ride called medical school!

Vikvizzle

*********************************************'
Greetings to all the people in the abyss called the acceptable range. First of all, as the title of my post says, THERE IS STILL HOPE! I will be a second year med student at meharry in the fall. When I applied, I was in the acceptable range from February until I got the wonderful call from Mr. Mosely on in the beginning of July, just DAYS before the MAPS program was to begin (it started on July 6th for us). So bottomline, there is still hope.

At this point, with it being so late in the game the advice I have for you guys, which I personally received from another Meharry SDNer when I was in your shoes just over a year ago, is to now pretty much go crazy in letting them know that you WILL ATTEND if accepted. And I'm not talking about a simple phone call saying "hi, can you tell me any new updates?"...I'm talking about pretty much bombarding them, almost harassing them, to let you in. As I said, it was the advice from an SDNer last year that I owe alot to, so now it's my time to give back to this awesome SDN community.

I suggest sending an update e-mail to both Mr. Mosely and Ms. Davis letting them know of what you've been doing the last month (work, school, volunteering...ANYTHING). Tell them SPECIFICALLY in the email why you want to go to Meharry and what you believe you could contribute to the class. To close, REAFFIRM, if it indeed is the case, that if accepted you will definitely attend Meharry. With it so late in the game, they want to be sure if a spot opens up, they have a 100% gurantee from someone that they will attend.

So after sending that well written and convincing email, I would now call the admissions office pretty much once every 2-3 days asking about your status and REAFFIRMING that YOU WILL ATTEND MEHARRY if accepted. I cannot stress this enough!!! You have the convince them that you will attend if accepted. When calling, first ask to speak with Mr. Mosely, if he's not available, ask to speak to Ms. Davis. Those are both of the key people that you need to be speaking with PERSONALLY.

To summarize, send an e-mail to them ASAP! I would call the same day to confirm that they got it, then I would call every 2-3 days after that saying the stuff I already stressed.

I hope this helps. I want all of you to get in!!! Please don't hesistate to reply or send me a PM, I should be on pretty regularly here. GOOD LUCK!!!

Hello Everyone,

I have been keeping up with this thread ever since I interviewed at Meharry in April. I finally got accepted today! I got a random message on my cell phone telling me to call Mr. Mosely by 5pm to confirm whether or not I was still interested in coming. Mr. Mosely told me that 12 spaces had opened up today. I cannot tell you all how happy I was to finally get that acceptance! Now I have one week to quit my job, find a place to live, and get financial aid....all a piece of cake considering all it took to get to this point.

Thanks to everyone for keeping this forum positive. To my fellow Meharrians...look out for me...I'll be one of those folks showing up for class a week late! To everyone still hanging on to a waitlist position....keep hope alive, stay vigilant, keep making those update phone calls/e-mails, and keep praying!

Good luck everyone,
:luck: Allison

As of this morning 6/21/2005, there are 73 students in the class. There are 7 spots unfilled. If I am in the acceptance range list, I will call Mr. Mosley on his cell phone every 5 min to assure him that I will definitely attend Meharry if offered, and send him an email further to further stress that point.

Just got off the phone with Mr. Mosley. All the spots have been filled and I'm not one of them. Boo-hoo.

Well, congrats to everyone who was pulled off; I can only imagine how much of a celebration the phone call was. Good luck with medical school.

To all those, especially vikvaz, who counseled me, THANK YOU. You go down in my cool book!

precision340 said:
As of this morning 6/21/2005, there are 73 students in the class. There are 7 spots unfilled. If I am in the acceptance range list, I will call Mr. Mosley on his cell phone every 5 min to assure him that I will definitely attend Meharry if offered, and send him an email further to further stress that point.

Tabil04
Sorry to hear that. I would call Mr. Mosley again to see if things have changed since you spoke to him last.

for those of you who did get into Meharry and are currently in the MAPS program, I just wanted to see how things were going and to see if you all had any questions.

as other Meharry SDNers have said, welcome to the Meharry family. hopefully you all are adjusting to Nashville and medical school life in general. again, welcome to Meharry!