Meharry or Morehouse Anyone???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BlackDr2b

JESUS DID IT, NOT ME!!!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard from either of these schools?

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted morehouse a few days ago. I just need to send them my passport photo, but I can't seem to take one I'm happy with. I just got meharry today. My pediatrician, who really had a large impact on my wanting to be a physician, went to Meharry, hope that is a strong enough tie to the school.

^When did you get an e-mail from Morehouse? :confused: I haven't heard anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent in Morehouse and got Meharry's secondary yesterday also. I applied the first day and got an email from them in early July.

Got an email today saying I'm complete at Morehouse, but I still haven't sent them the passport picture. Still working on Meharry.

I finally submitted my Meharry secondary. Hopefully I will submit Morehouse tomorrow.

Morehouse is submitted! Now I have to send them my picture. God bless!

Morehouse interview invite today! Super excited. I interview on September 26th. Gonna drive all the way from Miami, Florida.

Umean, That is close to 15 hrs of driving. I was thinking of driving from davie too but decided against it. See u there.

How are u prepping for the interview?

I got an email from Morehouse saying I was complete on 8/25. Hopefully I will hear something soon. How did you guys hear, mail or email?

am also applying to these schools and I grew up in an underserved area in Africa, but I am not sure how not having experience with underserved here in the U.S will affect me, even though i am very interested in it.

Emphasize your strong points, which is serving ppl in the third world country. Dont ruminate on the diff btwn here and there.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was finally just verified today through amcas...yay! Can anyone tell me what is on Morehouse and Meharry's secondary? I want to start working on them asap! Thanks. Good luck with interviews!

I was finally just verified today through amcas...yay! Can anyone tell me what is on Morehouse and Meharry's secondary? I want to start working on them asap! Thanks. Good luck with interviews!

do a search. there is a thread that contains all secondaries for all schools in the 2009 amcas application cycle.

I will be interviewing at Morehouse on 9/26. Hopefully it goes well. I just submitted my secondary from Howard, they said it was completed but that is all I have heard from them.

I'm all excited for this Morehouse interview, but not so excited about 12 hours of driving with the girlfriend nagging me lol. How many people does Morehouse generally interview? I know they have small class sizes, like about 60 or so, so I guess getting an interview there is a bigger deal. So far I only see like three SDN peoples with interviews on 9/26

Anybody heard from Meharry?

I got the Morehouse interview, I'm excited I've heard nothing but good things about the school.

Yeah, the interview was great. Just make sure you read and know the mission of the school. They are willing to accept someone who has less competetive scores if they feel that you are more likely to honor the mission of the school which I think is awesome. Be yourself, it seems as though they can spot BS a mile away. CONGRATS!

hey does anyone know the turn around for meharry? I submitted my secondary around the 23 of oct ( or maybe a little before ), and I haven't gotten the e-mail that says that i am complete. Also does anyone have any insite into this school, a match list, about classes etc? I have reviewed their webiste, and couldn't find the match list.

Meharry is pretty slow (slower than Howard) as I can see. I am in a holding pattern now.

I got my interview invite from Meharry today. My application was complete on 9/11. My interview is scheduled for December 1, 2008. I wish everyone the best and hope that everyone gets into the school that is best for them. I pray that I get into one school. As of right now I do not have any acceptances, but I will keep praying.