Meharry School of Dentistry C/O 2019

King of Dent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Created for the future class of 2019 Meharry Dentists! Good luck to all applying this cycle :)

Members don't see this ad.

Good luck to everyone! Does anyone know when Meharry starts to interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just received a courtesy email stating that all of my materials have been received (including supplemental, which I submitted on 8/1), and saying that it will be forwarded to the admissions committee. Good Luck to all . I loved Meharry when I interviewed there in 2012

Reactions: 1 user
Is there anyone studying to take tbe DAT in tbe the nashville area?

This thread kind of died... Has anyone gotten an interview from Meharry?

They dont send interviews until September I think. I got mine 2 years ago , like in September 20th. I'm waiting to hear from them too. But yeah. Don't worry about it yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They dont send interviews until September I think. I got mine 2 years ago , like in September 20th. I'm waiting to hear from them too. But yeah. Don't worry about it yet

Oh thank you, thank you, thank you! Initiate nerve stabilizers... Really hoping to hear good news from this school.

Sorry if this sounds like a silly question but does aadsas not mail out your app to schools until your dat scores have been uploaded to aadsas? I took my DAT on August 16th and that's the only thing I'm waiting on. I've already e-submitted as well as completed the supp app for meharry

Does Meharry interview applicants other than UDM, black, etc.? for some reasons, that's what people have been telling about Meharry and Howard. Any truth to it?

Does Meharry interview applicants other than UDM, black, etc.? for some reasons, that's what people have been telling about Meharry and Howard. Any truth to it?
People think that but it's not true. They interview those who they see that fit their mission. When I interviewed there, I saw all types of races. Black Hispanic white Asian.

Members don't see this ad :)

Out of approximately 1,700 applicants in 2013, about 450 of them happened to be white. Of those applicants, a little less than 10 of them were enrolled as students in a class of 60. More could have received offers but did not accept, so these numbers should be taken with a grain of salt. The odds don't look great, but I am still hopeful!

Yes but many white people don't go there not because they are not interviewed or admitted , but rather because they decide to go somewhere else

Yes but many white people don't go there not because they are not interviewed or admitted , but rather because they decide to go somewhere else

My point exactly. Most everyone, regardless of race, has thoughtfully ranked their preferred schools. For some Meharry is at the top, for others it may be elsewhere on the list. There could have been far more offers thrown out there, and only ~10 of them were accepted by candidates who are not minorities. Either way, statistics are statistics, so take it as you will.

Sorry if this sounds like a silly question but does aadsas not mail out your app to schools until your dat scores have been uploaded to aadsas? I took my DAT on August 16th and that's the only thing I'm waiting on. I've already e-submitted as well as completed the supp app for meharry
Try calling AADSAS...

It takes 2 weeks for it to upload on you application. I took mine july 1st but it wasnt on my aadsas until july 17th

Just got a "complete" e-mail from Meharry. Good luck to everyone!

Still waiting on my gpa to get calculated smh.. Does anyone know if it actually takes 4-6 weeks? Or around how long it usually takes? E submitted 8/22

Mine took 2 days though it was on July 12 th. , but now they are busier. I doubt it will take them. More than two weeks though

Mine took 2 days though it was on July 12 th. , but now they are busier. I doubt it will take them. More than two weeks though

I sure hope so! Lol and thank you

Mine took two weeks to arrive from my school. It then took 2.5 weeks to upload on my account. But yeah, AADSAS is probably swamped because my DAT took a full week longer than usual to come through. Patience is key at this point.

Just got the app complete email. Sort of late in the game :/ but hoping to hear good news from my number one school. Good luck to everyone.

Any interviews yet for anyone? If so please list your stats

The email said to expect a response/decision within 6 weeks... I'm like 5 days out of that point with no response. Nerves!!!
2 years Ago they sent interviews in late set ember.

Ok you guys need to chill. If you don't hear from them by Mid-October - November, then I would recommend calling to ask about your status. If your application is still pending, you still have a shot! Just keep in touch with the admissions office (but don't be annoying about it). Also regarding the previous comments about how Meharry chooses certain applicants over another...this has to do with their mission. They are looking for people who are willing to work in underserved communities and help those areas where most dentists don't want to work. They will know by your background and where you come from and the type of volunteer work you have done to prove that you will be able to complete this mission. If you are really interested in Meharry, make sure you prove to them how willing you are to assist the underserved communities.

Reactions: 1 users
So for people waiting to hear from Meharry , I went to last years thread , and they sent the first wave of invites the week of September 23rd. So if things end up working out around the same, we should be hearing from them this coming week.

Cheers

I received an interview invite last week. My interview is this upcoming Friday.

I received an interview invite last week. My interview is this upcoming Friday.
This stinks I guess lol. I was going to get an invite right away. Do you know how many Inyervoew dates they have and how many students per day please ?

This stinks I guess lol. I was going to get an invite right away. Do you know how many Inyervoew dates they have and how many students per day please ?

I am not sure how many students they interview in a day. About the interview dates, I believe they are doing them every Friday because I was given an interview for Friday October 3, but I could not make it that day so they gave me the option for Friday September 26. I will let you know how things go on Friday. Good luck on this process.

I sent my app in June 26 and it was mailed out July 11. Completed the secondary app the first day it was opened which was August 1st if I recall. Got an interview through email September 15.

Just finished interviewing here. It was a really great and chill interview. Everyone is really friendly! It felt like everyone knew each other for years. There were 11 other students being interviewed and today was the first round of interviews. If anyone has questions about this day or how it went, PM me.

Just finished interviewing here. It was a really great and chill interview. Everyone is really friendly! It felt like everyone knew each other for years. There were 11 other students being interviewed and today was the first round of interviews. If anyone has questions about this day or how it went, PM me.
Did they mention how many rounds of interviews they have at all ? I am impatiently waiting for my interview invite. Lol. And by the way. I interviewed there 2 years ago and I loved it as well. However one of my interviewers was an Indian professor that only did research, and didn't really seem to care about the dental school program or day

I have an interview this coming Friday, October 3rd. I was notified on the 15th of September. Any insight would be very helpful.....

No they didn't mention anything about how many interviews they are having.

Did they mention how many rounds of interviews they have at all ? I am impatiently waiting for my interview invite. Lol. And by the way. I interviewed there 2 years ago and I loved it as well. However one of my interviewers was an Indian professor that only did research, and didn't really seem to care about the dental school program or day

'I regret to inform you that your application was not recommended for an interview.' This is my first rejection email... I am re-taking the DAT on the 15th of October and I wish that they waited until they got my new score..

Hi, do you guys know the matriculation date for Meharry?

On addsas it says to wait until dec 1 for more update. What is that suppose to mean

Good luck everyone! Haven't heard anything yet but then again I waited for my DAT score to submit the application. A lot of money to go into an application sheesh....either way it will be well worth it