Meharry School of Dentistry C/O 2019

West End/Vanderbilt and Downtown are fairly close distance. You can also do Metro Center. If you do Metro Center you have about two options Maxwell House and Springhill Suites. West End gives you more options.
Thanks I just booked a room at Vanderbilt

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
What's the interview schedule like? What time do you have to be there and what time does it end?

What's the interview schedule like? What time do you have to be there and what time does it end?
It was a little different because there was a MLK presentation so our interviews were right when we got there and then we had the financial aid presentation, student affairs, MLK day presentation and then we had lunch with students.

Oh okay cool! I hope it didn't through you off.
Nah I actually liked it that way it was easier to get it out of the way. Made the day less stressful

Reactions: 1 user
Ours was intro presentation, financial aid, professor presentation, interviews, tour, lunch

Good Luck to All! Hope everyone gets in where they would like to go. Also, if you have more than one acceptance, please keep in mind there are people out there who are awaiting only one acceptance. For those already accepted and plan on attending, I will see you guys in June! Congrats!

Hope everyone receives some type of news (preferably good news) this week!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yay, I just got accepted yesterday!!

Reactions: 5 users
A friend of mine got off the waiting list this week. Stay hopeful and positive.

Reactions: 1 users
A friend of mine got off the waiting list this week. Stay hopeful and positive.
Since they are starting to pull from the wait list, I wonder if that means they are pretty much done interviewing :/
Congrats to your friend though!

Since they are starting to pull from the wait list, I wonder if that means they are pretty much done interviewing :/
Congrats to your friend though!
There were interviews going on today so I think they are still going for it. Heard they were interviewing through the end of february so we'll see what happens.

There were interviews going on today so I think they are still going for it. Heard they were interviewing through the end of february so we'll see what happens.
I sure hope so. Its just that I see some people getting interviews, some getting accepted and some getting rejected and im just here like... nothing lol. It would just be nice to know where I stand. But I guess patience really is a virtue

Reactions: 2 users
through the end of February?!? wow! well that means there's only going to be about 5 more interview days and if there's only about 12 per interview day, then we should expect 60 more people getting an opportunity.... Prayers up my brothers and sisters....

through the end of February?!? wow! well that means there's only going to be about 5 more interview days and if there's only about 12 per interview day, then we should expect 60 more people getting an opportunity.... Prayers up my brothers and sisters....
Well the interview numbers have actually been getting smaller. Like I know a few weeks ago only 5 people interviewed and then a week after that only like 8. So I wouldn't expect that number exactly. But there definitely is still hope and a chance!

Well the interview numbers have actually been getting smaller. Like I know a few weeks ago only 5 people interviewed and then a week after that only like 8. So I wouldn't expect that number exactly. But there definitely is still hope and a chance!
Only 8 total for mine so I can confirm that much. Don't know about this week

For what it's worth, someone that interviewed yesterday stated that their interviewer told them that they have only filled about 12-15 spots in the class so far. I'd take that with a grain of salt, but nevertheless, thought I would share that with you all. Enjoy your weekend!

Reactions: 2 users
My friend that's a student there now told me the new class has a Facebook page with 21 members. And she also said they had ALOT of interviews to do. So there is still hope you guys! Keep the faith!!!

My friend that's a student there now told me the new class has a Facebook page with 21 members. And she also said they had ALOT of interviews to do. So there is still hope you guys! Keep the faith!!!
Yeah I saw that but not everyone on that page have been accepted. Some know the administrators, some are current students, and some are the administrators of the page itself. lol Got me thining the same thing too before I got that piece of info.

Yeah I saw that but not everyone on that page have been accepted. Some know the administrators, some are current students, and some are the administrators of the page itself. lol Got me thining the same thing too before I got that piece of info.
That's definitely good to know! Lol still a lot of seats available and one has our name on it!

I pray that this week brings a lot of us good news.

It's was rather encouraging to know they haven't filled the class yet.

Okay, I have a question, are all applicants that are denied a spot in the 2019 SOD class being considered for the MHS program? Or is that a select few?

Okay, I have a question, are all applicants that are denied a spot in the 2019 SOD class being considered for the MHS program? Or is that a select few?
Just a select few

Got an interview invite according to AADSAS yesterday! No e-mail or call though.

Amen amen:) I'm happy for you. I know you're excited.

Hopefully they tell you soon. Especially what day its going to be for :) I wish you all the best

From what I heard its a select few. Those they feel will excel in dental school if they have some extra preparation.

I want to wish everybody congrats and good luck. Hopefully I will see everybody on campus. Those with the chance for the MHS program hopefully I will see you in class and we can get some studying done.

Soo everyone who recieved an email about being considered for the MHS program gets an interview? Because a friend of mine who is the the MHS program now said that they do. Is this true???

Soo everyone who recieved an email about being considered for the MHS program gets an interview? Because a friend of mine who is the the MHS program now said that they do. Is this true???
Yes, that's true. You have to interview for the masters program as well. It's usually around March when they do interviews for it.

@Thetoothhurts91 ts91 did you ever get an email from the admissions office confirming the interview 0_0

No, I e-mailed admissions and asked for another copy. My interview is literally in 7 days (next Friday) so now I'm in panic mode trying to get work covered and money saved to fly to Nashville. I'll definitely go, but I wish they gave more notice. Wish me luck!

To anyone who already attended the interview: Can anyone explain their tuition and fees chart?

http://www.mmc.edu/prospectivestudents/tuition-and-fees/053014_sodtuition.pdf

There's a column for "post-Fourth year students" but there wasn't one for the previous year. Did Meharry extend their program to last more than 4 years? Is this column only for students who want to stay longer? It's a 26K difference so I really hope it's optional. Did anyone receive a scholarship for the school?

Thanks in advance

For everyone who is on this board and abroad, accepted or not, remember this:
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill
Keep going because God won't let you fall and won't give you anything you can't handle. Be encouraged and continue pushing towards what He is calling you to do. God bless

Amen to that :) I'm telling yall faith and prayer is all you need. Having faith in God's plan for your life whether it goes the way you want it to or not :)

Reactions: 4 users
To anyone who already attended the interview: Can anyone explain their tuition and fees chart?

http://www.mmc.edu/prospectivestudents/tuition-and-fees/053014_sodtuition.pdf

There's a column for "post-Fourth year students" but there wasn't one for the previous year. Did Meharry extend their program to last more than 4 years? Is this column only for students who want to stay longer? It's a 26K difference so I really hope it's optional. Did anyone receive a scholarship for the school?

Thanks in advance

congrats on your interview!

from my understanding it is a four year program however students can remain students until they are completely finished treating their patients (a treatment may not be complete by the end of the four year degree). but i could be wrong, would you mind asking about this at your interview?

congrats on your interview!

from my understanding it is a four year program however students can remain students until they are completely finished treating their patients (a treatment may not be complete by the end of the four year degree). but i could be wrong, would you mind asking about this at your interview?
I think it's more if you haven't finished all the requirements for graduation. I could be wrong though.

Accepted!!!! PRAISE GOD!!!!!

Reactions: 7 users
Amen. Congratulations brother. I'm glad God heard our prayers for you !