Meharry School of Dentistry C/O 2019

I just got accepted today!! Thank you Jesus! Any people who have been accepted do you all know of good spots to live or where you plan to stay? I'm trying to figure all that out now.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys! What hotel should I stay at for my interview? I'm kind of freaking out because I don't know anyone in Nashville =/

Members don't see this ad :)
You can look at West End/Vandy area. They are relatively close to MeHarry. You can also try for Metro Center they have a Spring Hill Suites and The Maxwell House Hotel there. You are looking at about a 10 minute drive to the schools from there.

You can look at West End/Vandy area. They are relatively close to MeHarry. You can also try for Metro Center they have a Spring Hill Suites and The Maxwell House Hotel there. You are looking at about a 10 minute drive to the schools from there.

I'm car-less. I'm flying in from out of town and I don't want to get a taxi for a quick trip from the hotel to the school. Is there a bus system or is it reasonable walking distance?

Yea we have a bus system. That goes right to the hospital. Then you can walk across campus to the school. I don't know which bus it is. But walking is not a true option in my opinion. But check nashvillemta.com to see the schedule and route. Your looking for Metro General Hospital or Jefferson street/DB Todd Blvd. I would stay downtown if possible because the bus station is right there. If I can help anymore let me know

Hi fellow Meharrian applicants and acceptees, I received an email from their office explaining that I'm missing a prerequisite in Biochemistry. However, I've searched high and low for this class, but it's not offered at any surrounding schools. I've found two online courses that I could possibly take from UNE and Oregon State but I'm soooo nervous of what they may say. Jitters I tell ya... Does anyone know for sure whether they will accept an online science class before I call for the final verdict?

Hi fellow Meharrian applicants and acceptees, I received an email from their office explaining that I'm missing a prerequisite in Biochemistry. However, I've searched high and low for this class, but it's not offered at any surrounding schools. I've found two online courses that I could possibly take from UNE and Oregon State but I'm soooo nervous of what they may say. Jitters I tell ya... Does anyone know for sure whether they will accept an online science class before I call for the final verdict?
As long as it's from an accredited institution, you should be fine. I'd call the admissions office to check tomorrow.

Reactions: 1 user
This waiting game... man i tell ya... :/

I wonder if they are still even doing interviews. Haven't seen many invites on here in a while

Doing one this upcoming Friday. They said that they interview through March.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations to everyone who got accepted!! I received an interview invitation recently, I'm very excited to interview at this school. Can you guys give me an idea about the interview day... how many interviewers are there? do they ask tough questions during the interview? Thanks!!

Congratulations to everyone who got accepted!! I received an interview invitation recently, I'm very excited to interview at this school. Can you guys give me an idea about the interview day... how many interviewers are there? do they ask tough questions during the interview? Thanks!!
One on one interviews, two separate interviews at least on my day, you'll also have lunch wth current students so you will have time for asking th questions and I would say as your interviewers some questions as well. And if you can answer "Tell me about yourself", "why dentistry" and "why Meharry" then you should be good. Most other questions come from what you may say during your interview or what's on your AADSAS so know your application well. Good luck!

Out of curiosity what are some of the answers you all gave for "Why dentistry".... "Why Meharry"??

They didn't really ask me Why Meharry since I went there for the graduate program, but I'd say research the actual School of Dentistry and know what it can give you but also what you might be able to do to be a part of it. As far as Why dentistry, it's more of a personal answer for yourself. I mean you can give the typical answer of "I just like helping people and I am interested in dentistry" or you may have a story that connects your personality and where you come from/what's pushed you towards dentistry.

That makes sense.... i'm going to do that now.

One on one interviews, two separate interviews at least on my day, you'll also have lunch wth current students so you will have time for asking th questions and I would say as your interviewers some questions as well. And if you can answer "Tell me about yourself", "why dentistry" and "why Meharry" then you should be good. Most other questions come from what you may say during your interview or what's on your AADSAS so know your application well. Good luck!

Thank you! :)

Hey on my interview I interviewed with two people and it was actually very laid back. It was just a regular conversation. Nothing that I would honestly stress over. One interviewer told me as soon as we set down that he knows when people are giving scripted answers. lol. So, just by myself. So, my advice to you would be to just be yourself. Also, you will get to have lunch with current students. Make sure you ask them a lot of questions. They are very friendly and give you honest opinions. Overall, it's by far a good interview experience. Good luck!

Hey on my interview I interviewed with two people and it was actually very laid back. It was just a regular conversation. Nothing that I would honestly stress over. One interviewer told me as soon as we set down that he knows when people are giving scripted answers. lol. So, just by myself. So, my advice to you would be to just be yourself. Also, you will get to have lunch with current students. Make sure you ask them a lot of questions. They are very friendly and give you honest opinions. Overall, it's by far a good interview experience. Good luck!

Thank you!! :)

As long as it's from an accredited institution, you should be fine. I'd call the admissions office to check tomorrow.

Thanks for replying, I contacted the school and even emailed them back with the school information as they requested. They prefer students to reply to their email, so I received an email back explaining to update AADSAS with the new course info but the problem now is that the portal is closed. So there's no way to input the course on my application. I may call AADSAS to see if they can manually add it from their end.

hey guys! has anyone who interviewed Jan 23rd heard back??

hey guys! has anyone who interviewed Jan 23rd heard back??
Should probably be sometime this week. I know that almost all the people I interviewed with on the 16th were notified of their status this past Monday. Good luck!

I know decisions would come afterwards, but are those that are offered the MHS program given an interview at least?

Should probably be sometime this week. I know that almost all the people I interviewed with on the 16th were notified of their status this past Monday. Good luck!
thanks! congrats on ur acceptance :)

I know decisions would come afterwards, but are those that are offered the MHS program given an interview at least?
Yes you have to interview for the MHS program. They do those in mid March according to the email.

Yes you have to interview for the MHS program. They do those in mid March according to the email.
do you think they have already finished notifying everyone they plan on considering for the mhs program already?

do you think they have already finished notifying everyone they plan on considering for the mhs program already?
I don't think so. I would think they would fill the dental class first, then finish inviting for the MHS.

Just got my acceptance!!! :) Beyond excited!!! was definitely thinking I would be reapplying. God is so good!!! :soexcited::claps:

Reactions: 5 users
Just got my acceptance!!! :) Beyond excited!!! was definitely thinking I would be reapplying. God is so good!!! :soexcited::claps:

Amen to that! God is too good ! Go ahead and give Him praise :)

Does anyone know how many people are interviewed for the MHS program?

Does anyone know how many people are interviewed for the MHS program?
im not sure how many are invited to interview, but i think they accept "roughly" around 15-20 students each for the dental route and med route. I have a friend that is in it right now for the med route.

I've reached out to a few people that did the MHS program and are now currently in the first year class. I'm curious to know if anyone in the group has done it or know of any one who has done it and was not successful in gaining admission and what exactly the criteria on becoming accepted is? Is it labeled as a contingency program?

You should call and ask to be 100% sure but I don't think it is.

Nah it's non refundable. If I'm not mistake it was stated in the email.

So ive pretty much been under review now for 4-5 months. I have sent emails to inquire about my status but no response..should i call to see whats going on? or is the class pretty much already full? im just going crazy over here lol

So ive pretty much been under review now for 4-5 months. I have sent emails to inquire about my status but no response..should i call to see whats going on? or is the class pretty much already full? im just going crazy over here lol
I would call. Although you will probably be told something vague regarding your status but who knows

i agree, it doesn't hurt to call :)

Well I can tell you right now half the city is shut down. We had a ice storm so most people aren't going to work. It's supposed to get better tomorrow but might rain and freeze again later this week. And I heard they were behind because they were in Atlanta the beginning of the year handling some administration business.

So I'm guessing that the weather caused them not to be in the office yesterday?

Well I can tell you right now half the city is shut down. We had a ice storm so most people aren't going to work. It's supposed to get better tomorrow but might rain and freeze again later this week. And I heard they were behind because they were in Atlanta the beginning of the year handling some administration business.
ok, than that makes sense than. I kept calling the Fin Aid office all yesterday and this morning and no one ever answered. Is the school close or just a lot of the employees haven't showed up probably due to the weather?

Most schools are closed. We are under a state of emergency. The mayor and police chief asked nobody to go on the road if they don't have to be. Most schools are closed though.