Meharry School of Dentistry C/O 2019

I was supposed to hear back last Friday or yesterday at the latest from what they told us at the interview. Now it seems like a true test in patience. I at least have a spot in another school, cant imagine the feeling for those waitlisted with Meharry as their last hope.

Members don't see this ad.

So do you all think because of this delay, that the interviewing process will possibly be extended further into March? Im really curious as to how full the class is so far

From what I have heard...interviews go well into March anyways. Meharry is the only school I have not heard from. Pretty much my only shot this cycle. Just stay prayerful. What God has for you He has for YOU. His timing is so much greater than ours.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
From what I have heard...interviews go well into March anyways. Meharry is the only school I have not heard from. Pretty much my only shot this cycle. Just stay prayerful. What God has for you He has for YOU. His timing is so much greater than ours.

Amen to that

Some people are making their way to work. But we are supposed to have snow and ice until Friday. Temps are dropping to single digits. I know the public schools here cancelled classes the whole week. So with that said they might not contact anyone until Monday.

Well one of the admissions people emailed me back a few hours ago so they might actually be there today.

Just wanted to drop in and say good luck and God bless to everyone that has been accepted as well as those who are still waiting. Stay prayed up people.

Reactions: 3 users
Can I ask anyone who was accepted, what are your stats? GPA? DAT? PAT? If you don't mind.

ACCEPTED!!!! Ahhhhh! Not a religious person but I wouldnt be here without the support of my parents. All credit goes to them for getting me to where I am today. Hope you guys get accepted soon!

Reactions: 4 users
ACCEPTED!!!! Ahhhhh! Not a religious person but I wouldnt be here without the support of my parents. All credit goes to them for getting me to where I am today. Hope you guys get accepted soon!
Congrats on your acceptance!!!

Reactions: 1 user
for those who have been accepted, how long did it take for your official hardcopy letter to come in the mail? also, how and when did you start looking for housing? do they send housing info to ur email? thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
for those who have been accepted, how long did it take for your official hardcopy letter to come in the mail? also, how and when did you start looking for housing? do they send housing info to ur email? thanks!
Still haven't received my hard copy of my letter but keep in mind campus and pretty much the whole city was closed last week. Probably a handful of acceptances going out today. But as far as housing, I jumped on that ASAP and secured that today. You can look on the website for on campus housing options. On the class page there is also a word document that talks about the pros and cons of other housing options close to campus

Congratulations to everyone who received an acceptance today! I called and I was told that last week's winter storm has pushed things back a week so interviews should at the latest go into the first week of April.

Just curious if anyone knows if the class is full yet? Hope to join you guys soon!

From what I know and from the people I've spoken to, they've only filled about half the class.

Would the postponing of interviews include the MHS folks too? The email stated we would be notified for interviews around mid March but my guess is that'll be pushed until April as well.

If anyone has any insight about the MHS program definitely DM me.

Would the postponing of interviews include the MHS folks too? The email stated we would be notified for interviews around mid March but my guess is that'll be pushed until April as well.
I called and asked about the MHS program and they said we will still be contacted mid-March for interviews

What time today did they send it out? (Right when you posted?)
I was supposed to hear back last Friday or yesterday at the latest from what they told us at the interview. Now it seems like a true test in patience. I at least have a spot in another school, cant imagine the feeling for those waitlisted with Meharry as their last hope.
Hey! Congrats on your acceptance. How was your interview experience at meharry? Do you mind sharing a bit about the structure?

Congrats to those who were accepted.... but were there any interviews sent out this week at all yet??

Congrats to those who were accepted.... but were there any interviews sent out this week at all yet??
I was wondering the same thing. Because I am pretty sure there weren't any interviews last week because of the weather situation. But Im still wondering if people were invited to interview that week and had to reschedule and if there are interviews going on this friday.

Have you guys heard anything regarding the MHS program?

No they sent a email saying they will do interviews in mid-March for it..so you won't know anything until then

No they sent a email saying they will do interviews in mid-March for it..so you won't know anything until then
Do you think they have sent out all the consideration emails yet? Like do you have to get an email saying you're being considered for the MHS before you are invited for an interview for the MHS? Sorry if that sounded confusing lol

Yea I think you have to get the email. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't send out letters up until April or they fill the class

Yea I think you have to get the email. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't send out letters up until April or they fill the class
Do you know how many people get accepted in the MHS program each year? I havent received anything from them. hopefully i will hear something from them soon.

Do you know how many people get accepted in the MHS program each year? I havent received anything from them. hopefully i will hear something from them soon.
Approximately 15 through the school of dentistry and 15 through the school of medicine from what I understand.

Is it fair to assume that roughly 15 people got that email about the MHS or they interview a lot more for those spots?

It just seems to me that if you're considered for MHS you had something in your application that wasn't worth a full rejection. I would think for those they want to interview you must have the potential and they basically need for you to prove yourself by increasing grades and DAT scores.

I got the email about MHS and I'm hopeful they pick me. But I'm a little skeptical if 30 people are interviewing for 15 spots. I would just hate to go through another cycle if this is within my reach.

It just seems to me that if you're considered for MHS you had something in your application that wasn't worth a full rejection. I would think for those they want to interview you must have the potential and they basically need for you to prove yourself by increasing grades and DAT scores.

I got the email about MHS and I'm hopeful they pick me. But I'm a little skeptical if 30 people are interviewing for 15 spots. I would just hate to go through another cycle if this is within my reach.
At the end of the day, if it's what you really want, you have to keep pushing. Many people may interview for the MHS program or be considered after an interview, but just stay prayerful. I know of several people that had to apply multiple times to get in and never looked back once it happened. Good luck to you!

I think it's more they see the potential and believe you can do well with the dental curriculum if you had a little more coursework. It's basically like any MS/MHS/Post-Bacc where you just need to strengthen your app with more advanced setting courses.

Hey another cycle isn't the end of the world. You have people who apply multiple times before being accepted. So if you have to go another cycle just prepare to make your app stronger and apply early.

For those still waiting to hear back (like myself), stay hopeful and pray! I am sure that this month of March will bring forth some positive action and news!

Reactions: 3 users
For those being considered for MHS, you guys "did not" reply to the email correct? I just thought it was odd that it said for those that are interested do not respond.

For those being considered for MHS, you guys "did not" reply to the email correct? I just thought it was odd that it said for those that are interested do not respond.
I havent received any email from meharry yet. When did you get their email? When did you apply? Were you invited for an interview?

Yea everybody I let read it thought it was weird. I didn't want to do the wrong thing. But I did not reply to it. So hopefully they start interviewing soon so I can know what I will be doing in this gap year.

Does the school offer any scholarships for students who make good grades? I think I remember them saying that they don't give out scholarship money for first year students, can anyone confirm that?

FYI, they had interviews on Friday and have some more this coming Friday. So things are back in motion at Meharry after being closed last week

FYI, they had interviews on Friday and have some more this coming Friday. So things are back in motion at Meharry after being closed last week
any word to about how many were interviewed?

Interview this Friday. So excited just when I was losing hope! Is there anyone else with this interview date? ( I have been spying on this thread since September just decided to stop by and say hi)

So you can't email directly to the school of dentistry can you? I've sent emails in the past to the general [email protected] and haven't received any response.

Interview this Friday. So excited just when I was losing hope! Is there anyone else with this interview date? ( I have been spying on this thread since September just decided to stop by and say hi)

awesome lol glad you did....

when did you submit? and when did they notify you about your interview? if you don't mind me asking