Meharry stats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hockeydentist

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know what the stats are for Meharry school of dentistry? GPA, DAT scores, are they out of state haters

My dentist keeps giving me an ear full on this school and how great it is. He wants me to go there.

later the hockeydentist

Members don't see this ad.

I that I think the stats for Meharry are just slighly lower than some other schools...their primary purpose is for people to work in underserved areas...I think their school was built on that principle, and I *think* they are predominantly a minority school....and the only other thing I know about it is that its in Tennessee.

I think the reason he wants me to go there is that it is based on that I would have a decent shot becuase the fact that I wear a hearing aid. So I think he is implying that it would be easier for me since I am in the minority of being a hearing impaired dentist to be. I don' know, I've never really heard anything about the school. I have heard that Tufts for that matter wants students with disabilities to apply to there school. My pre dent advisor is really admant about me applying to tufts. I just don't want to go to the school just becuase they see that I am not like everyone else. I kinda want to apply to the schools based upon my academic merit. Then again, maybe I should listen to my advisor.

thanks for replying to my message Vixen

hope that you get in,

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey I applied to both Meharry and Tufts. I got accepted in both of the schools, and will be attending Tufts Dental this year. I have no idea about the stats regarding either school right now, but u could mail me or whatever if u need any other info regarding the school..
Viraj

Don't underestimate Meharry. It is an excellent school. One of my good friends just started there. He said that the new dean is fabulous and will get Meharry out of the "sub-3.0" limelight. Meharry is joining up with Vanderbuilt university in the program, but I'm not sure how. Definately apply there. If you like community dentistry it is one of the best places to apply.

DesiDentist