memorization techniques???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chef

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
in college i always wrote everything out, took me a $hitload of time but it was doable b/c there wasnt too much to learn..

now i gotta admit i dont think memorizing by writing out method is teh most time efficient way to study.. so i've been trying to memorize just by reading. it was hard in the begining but now i'm getting better, stuff sticks after reading 3 times.

my friends are still making 5 color, 20 pg flowcharts, write everything out by hand & computer, etc etc.. to me this is ridiculously time consuming and not the most efficient way to study when u r already pressed for time and there's a ton to memorize but to each her own....

Members don't see this ad.

It depends on the material. Sometimes I find writing stuff out (even in multicolor spreadsheets on the computer) is helpful. But certain material does not lend itself well to that and I just rather read the lecture powerpoints (or the multicolor spreadsheets that my classmates make).