PharmEm

10+ Year Member
Feb 25, 2005
Status
Just a curious question. I was looking over some stats at some pharmacy schools and noticed a trend. It seems like women are accepted more than the men...why is this so? Is it simply b/c there are more women applicants than men? Are women just more interested in pharmacy then men? Just wondering? Hope this doesnt start something unecessary b/c I didn't intend it to be. :)

Caverject

15+ Year Member
Aug 19, 2003
Women are much smarter than men, hence the results

*Last Edited by bananaface : 03-14-2005 at 06:41 PM Reason: cause women are smarter

TMVegas

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 3, 2005
Status
Caverject said:

I second that!

But seriously, I think it is because more women apply.

Glycerin

Commercially Unavailable
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2004
Squint your eyes and look closer.
Status
Pharmacist
Caverject said:
*Last Edited by bananaface : 03-14-2005 at 06:41 PM Reason: cause women are smarter

:laugh: :laugh: :thumbup:

Werd. :D

gotgame83

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 19, 2004
Status
Medical Student
yea ladies keep on telling yourself that. To answer your question, its probably because the interviewers were all men and since im sure all these ladies on here are beatiful...well you guys are smart you can put two and two together. Damnit why cant i have cleavage!!

Incase anyone cant tell, i am kidding.

skp

free to highest bidder
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 30, 2004
IOWA - YOUR GAIN IS OUR LOSS
Status
wimen ar smrter thin we giys

-sqp

ultracet

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2004
Visit site
Status
Caverject said:

i want to know what this original post said......

ok plus.. i don't intend to work for a living.....
well maybe part time but that's about it...
what other job can i work part time and make a hell of a living?

bananaface

Pharmacy Supernerd
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2004
gone to seed
Status
Pharmacist
bbmuffin said:
i want to know what this original post said......
The original post said "Women are much smarter than men, hence the results

*Last Edited by bananaface : 03-14-2005 at 06:41 PM Reason: cause women are smarter"

He just put the lower part in italics to try an make it look like I edited it. I think he's traveshamocking me. :rolleyes:

cangara

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 25, 2004
Status
PharmEm said:
Just a curious question. I was looking over some stats at some pharmacy schools and noticed a trend. It seems like women are accepted more than the men...why is this so? Is it simply b/c there are more women applicants than men? Are women just more interested in pharmacy then men? Just wondering? Hope this doesnt start something unecessary b/c I didn't intend it to be. :)

In my opinon, women tend to do well on interviews due to their verbal and writing skills (compared to men). I do believe that Pharmacy school should also include other testing method where men can do better than women.

ultracet

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2004
Visit site
Status
Caverject said:
Im on Caverject...come get some (pun intended)
oh is that all.......

been there, done that, wasn't that good......

(see kentucky thread for details)

UTPharmDoc

PharmD from UT
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 9, 2005
Status
Pharmacist
There are more women interested and apply more women get in... also, it't a good part time job for those women wanting to spend time with their kids... lots of jobs available so it's really flexible

Iluvmatt

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 9, 2005
Status
This is my opinion on it: there are more males in dental schools, so to make up for it, more females are accepted into pharmacy. Go girls!

OP
P

PharmEm

10+ Year Member
Feb 25, 2005
Status
Why do you think women are more intrested in pharmacy then men, or is it, why do you think men are less interested in pharmacy then women?

DrPharm

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 24, 2004
Status
looking at statistics among those who apply and those who actually get accepted, the percentages are higher for women. ex. 70% female applicants, 75% female acceptances.

i'm starting to wonder these acceptances. women are taking over :scared:

i wish it was like med schoo....50/50. but in most now also, it's like 60% women/40% men. women keep complaining about female representation and equality...but now i think they're over represented. how would you feel now when the men come back and start complaining about equality? :p

ultracet

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2004
Visit site
Status
DrPharm said:
looking at statistics among those who apply and those who actually get accepted, the percentages are higher for women. ex. 70% female applicants, 75% female acceptances.

i'm starting to wonder these acceptances. women are taking over :scared:

i wish it was like med schoo....50/50. but in most now also, it's like 60% women/40% men. women keep complaining about female representation and equality...but now i think they're over represented. how would you feel now when the men come back and start complaining about equality? :p
i think it would be really funny if a white male yelled discrimination

skp

free to highest bidder
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 30, 2004
IOWA - YOUR GAIN IS OUR LOSS
Status
discrimination

PiecesOfFlair

15 pieces of goodness
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 22, 2005
Status
:laugh: Heck, I'm all for guys applying to pharmacy school. I saw 4 guys in my interview group of 14 people. One was white and three were asian.

This reminds me of a scene from Desperate Housewives I saw. Go ahead and laugh, I watch the show. In it, the husband of one housewife confronted the pharmacist about dating his wife (who he was separated from). They were going on about said housewife's terrific qualities and the husband said, "Women like her date doctors, not pharmacists." I suppose some men see pharmacy as beneath them. :confused:

rxgal8

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 20, 2005
Status
I think there are more women in pharm schools because more women apply than men do. Also partly the reason why more women are probably interested in pharmacy is the choice of having a lifestyle with a stable job and flexible hours. Come to think of it, since there are more women in pharmacy, is that why we don't get paid as much as other professions? I don't mean to start anything here ( :) ) but if you look at Nuclear pharmacists, they get paid about $100,000 but an MD (eg. radiologist) that is prone to that much risk would/does get paid a lot more. Something to think about, huh :idea: