Men: what color shirt are you wearing to interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

goleafsgo

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
should i just go with the classic conservative white, or can i go with a dark gray shirt with my suit?

Members don't see this ad.

hah.. no. but yeah, i was just wondering how conservative i should dress

Members don't see this ad :)
Im a fan of the yellowish cream. Gotta give it a little color! (I bought a gray one too for the more conservative schools)

keep it white

by the way, are you from Canada? You have interviews already? :p

Navy blue suit. Classy burgundy tie with a subdued but sophisticated pattern. Expensive black dress shoes. Black belt. Black socks.

lol
this thread seems like it was made to mock the female shirt thread.

Wear whatever looks best. Don't go too crazy, but if you want to wear a blue shirt instead, wear a blue shirt. Unless it's bright pink or some awful color that stands out too much, I can't see an admission comittee saying "No, we can't let him in, he wore a blue shirt. I mean come on... blue."

Navy blue suit. Classy burgundy tie with a subdued but sophisticated pattern. Expensive black dress shoes. Black belt. Black socks.

Navy blue suit, with black socks, shoes and belt? Everyone knows you're supposed to wear cordovan with navy - navy and black clash...
Heh, but it's a good thing Clinton from What Not to Wear isn't on an Adcom. Seriously, wear what you want to wear guys. I wear my "lucky socks" to every interview - which happen to be very argyle and very loud. I had the dean at Emory compliment me on them at the interview - and opened up my acceptance today.

Navy blue suit, with black socks, shoes and belt? Everyone knows you're supposed to wear cordovan with navy - navy and black clash...
Heh, but it's a good thing Clinton from What Not to Wear isn't on an Adcom. Seriously, wear what you want to wear guys. I wear my "lucky socks" to every interview - which happen to be very argyle and very loud. I had the dean at Emory compliment me on them at the interview - and opened up my acceptance today.
Congrats on the UofM (and other) acceptances. :cool: