Mental health and veterinary admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jadefire94

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have this long personal story that I'm going to tell you about, and I really need advice.

Basically, I've been struggling with mental health for the past six years, and recently, once I got to college, it's gotten worse and more debilitating. I'm now a junior in college, and the past two years have been awful. I've had to withdraw from 5 science courses over two years (I know, it's a lot) because of my mental health. Luckily, I'm in a good treatment program right now and should be able to get back on my feet soon.

This experience has made me really doubt whether I have the capability of becoming a veterinarian.

Does anyone have any advice on how to proceed from here? How can I show the admissions committee that I can handle their curriculum? My plan is to take gap years and do post bacc work, but other than that I'm at a loss for what to do, and I don't want to give up my dream because of a health reason.

I recently told the veterinarian I'm shadowing about my struggles, and he told me that mental health disabilities mean that I cannot be a veterinarian, which was really discouraging.

Thank you for listening to my story and for any advice you give. :)

Members don't see this ad.

I think you should focus on getting your treatment to where it works for you and you are able to do the things you want/love. I wouldn't let one veterinarian who says otherwise discourage you to the point of not trying. The only person who truly knows your limits is yourself. I think you have a good plan with gap years, they can be really helpful! Gives you a chance to get an academic break and the ability to gain more experience which may help you determine what path you want to take. Best of luck!

We've had some really good discussion on this in other threads - I'd encourage you to search for them and read through them.

In a nutshell - you can be a veterinarian with mental health struggles, but vet school and being a vet are perfect storms for bringing up the old problems and making your life miserable. There are very high stress situations constantly, angry/sad/manipulative people, legal worries, indecision and perhaps later regret over handling particular cases, bad outcomes and sad times all around. Even those who have had no previous struggles with mental health often seen these feelings begin to surface in these environments. Just brief food for thought, but I do encourage you to read the past discussions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your situation is extremely similar to mine. I have struggled with depression, anxiety, and ptsd from an assault on campus. The best thing I ever did was to take a step back, evaluate myself, and realize that if I don't get myself help now, things will be much more difficult for me once I reach vet school. Take the time to make sure that YOU are ok. I'm not sure if the vet meant that you would be completely excluded in the sense that you would be denied admissions... He potentially could have meant it that a mental health problem may make your time as a veterinarian very difficult and could impact your work. If you take a gap year maybe focus on getting a variety of vet experience. Do something you find enjoyable (something that will not overwhelm you with stress during treatment) that still allows you to remain a competitive applicant.
Best of luck to you. There are quite a few pre-vets I know struggling with mental health. You are not alone.

Reactions: 1 user
I think any profession that attracts very high achievers and the personality traits that comes along with that is going to tend to have elevated rates of mental illness. Veterinary medicine is a special case, though, because we deal with certain things (euthanasia, lack of funds, client non-compliance) more than pretty much any other health fields.

That being said, I too have struggled off-and-on with mental health issues. Just under six years ago, I attempted suicide, was hospitalized in a psychiatric ward, and to this day I still have occasional depressive episodes. Thankfully, medication has helped... I've also been diagnosed with hypothyroidism and am being treated for that, as well; that illness can also trigger depressive symptoms in some people. So I basically have a double-whammy. I'm in a good spot now, but I fear what may happen if/when I get into vet school. I'd like to think that if I'm medicated for everything, I should be okay, but I know better. Vet school, from everything I've been told, really does have a way of breaking down even the most mentally stable of people.

I wouldn't let what that one veterinarian said discourage you from pursuing this path if it is what you really want. I've shadowed an old-school veterinarian who was very... unsympathetic... to those suffering with mental health issues in our profession. She was very much a "pull yourself up by your bootstraps and work hard and you'll be happy" sort of person, and scoffed whenever she'd read articles in DVM360 and the like that dealt with the subject. I think it's just the mindset of a lot of the older veterinarians. We're entering a far more competitive job market with far worse debt levels.

If you are still wanting to pursue veterinary medicine, then go for it. But I would at least wait until your mental health is relatively well under control. I think that taking at least one gap year is a very good idea in your situation. The fact that you've dropped five classes is a little concerning; did you do well in the other sciences you've taken?

Good luck with everything. Trust me when I say that I know it's hard, and you are far from alone.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in vet school and have anxiety; it's possible, but I've had to make some changes to meds/therapy because of things that happened (unrelated to curriculum), and trying to fit in therapy etc while in vet school is hard. I've been handling it fine, but it can be hard. Schools will work with you, but only to a certain extent.

I would try and make sure you have a handle on the depression beforehand. You can absolutely be a vet and have a mental illness, but the key is to take care of YOU first and once you're feeling better, work on deciding if you think vet school is the right fit.

Reactions: 1 users
I would think less about getting into vet school and more about whether you really want to. The number of threads on VIN from depressed, anxiety-ridden vets is ... Well ... Depressing.

Do what's necessary to heal. You want to be healthy before you put yourself through vet school. That's not saying you can't handle it, it's just that mental health issues tend to make us think that we can't, or distract us from what we are capable of.

If you're shadowing a male vet, I'm guessing he's on the older side. Those generations have a harsher view of mental illness, and that's saying a lot considering there's still a nasty stigma there. Plenty of academics, doctors, &c. have mental health issues.

Definitely make sure you have your mental health at least somewhat sorted out first. Therapy, meds, whatever you find out you need. I had some trouble in undergrad due to mental (and physical) health problems, and I'm still struggling some because last year my dad lost his job and therefore my insurance, and then once I was finally on my mother's insurance, she ended up quitting her job and the new place screwed up her paperwork so we've had no insurance for three months. It's super hard to find a new shrink (I just moved out) in a new town when you don't have insurance. Once you're out of school and don't have access to student health services, try to find a psychiatrist who's willing to do phone sessions and mail you scripts so you don't end up going cold turkey on an SNRI when you move away for work or vet school

I personally have struggled with depression for the majority of my life. Your first step before you even worry about your career path is to get yourself in a good place. That is extremely important for being able to handle the demands of a high stress job or school workload. I also advise you to open up to a couple people you're close to and have that support system. It's so vital in vet school. I really don't know how well I'd be doing without my fiance there to help me reel in my really bad days. When you're in a good place, objectively look at what you want out of a DVM. Working in a clinic can be very stressful and compassion fatigue is a concern. It's one of the reasons I lean away from clinical practice because I attach too easily to animals in need and I know if I stay in practice I'll wear myself out. I felt it just working as a tech for 3 years. Research and specialty may lower compassion fatigue but stress will still be high, depending on exactly what you do. Really look at what you think you can handle, and talk about it with your therapist/psychiatrist. If you feel that you can handle the long hours and stress of trying to study the volume of information thrown at you, then trust yourself and go for it. I'm a second year now and I admit I struggled first year because I didn't prepare myself well enough for all of it. So far this year I'm doing much better and have fewer depression episodes. Good luck on your journey. :xf:

I personally have struggled with depression for the majority of my life. Your first step before you even worry about your career path is to get yourself in a good place. That is extremely important for being able to handle the demands of a high stress job or school workload. I also advise you to open up to a couple people you're close to and have that support system. It's so vital in vet school. I really don't know how well I'd be doing without my fiance there to help me reel in my really bad days. When you're in a good place, objectively look at what you want out of a DVM. Working in a clinic can be very stressful and compassion fatigue is a concern. It's one of the reasons I lean away from clinical practice because I attach too easily to animals in need and I know if I stay in practice I'll wear myself out. I felt it just working as a tech for 3 years. Research and specialty may lower compassion fatigue but stress will still be high, depending on exactly what you do. Really look at what you think you can handle, and talk about it with your therapist/psychiatrist. If you feel that you can handle the long hours and stress of trying to study the volume of information thrown at you, then trust yourself and go for it. I'm a second year now and I admit I struggled first year because I didn't prepare myself well enough for all of it. So far this year I'm doing much better and have fewer depression episodes. Good luck on your journey. :xf:

It's really inspiring to hear about somebody like you doing alright in vet school. <3

Thank you so much for all of the encouraging words. I really appreciate the advice! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have any advice on whether or not to mention mental health issues in interviews or supplemental applications? I have OCD, it's not incredibly terrible but this semester it has been worse because of the tremendous stress. I mostly check things several times- I come off as a perfectionist but it's really OCD. I check to make sure I did things on my to do list several times, check the lock on doors, see if I turned the stove off- all normal things but I do them too many times. I'm not sure if I should mention this as overcoming difficulties/ if I'm asked about my weaknesses... I have sought help for this issue and it's getting better. Any advice is appreciated!

Does anyone have any advice on whether or not to mention mental health issues in interviews or supplemental applications? I have OCD, it's not incredibly terrible but this semester it has been worse because of the tremendous stress. I mostly check things several times- I come off as a perfectionist but it's really OCD. I check to make sure I did things on my to do list several times, check the lock on doors, see if I turned the stove off- all normal things but I do them too many times. I'm not sure if I should mention this as overcoming difficulties/ if I'm asked about my weaknesses... I have sought help for this issue and it's getting better. Any advice is appreciated!

I also was wondering this as well if asked about my weaknesses as I've been struggling with horrible anxiety and depression for most of my life. I have been getting help and have gotten much better as well since starting college and I would also appreciate some advice with this topic!!

I'd also like some advice about whether I should/shouldn't have discussed mental health.

I had severe depression and anxiety most of my life. I managed to climb out with the help of some amazing support (it was such a struggle but I'm so unbelievably happy to be free and living a new life) and have been stable for the past 1.5 yrs, but my transcript has several withdrawn semesters and gaps from the hard times. On the application, I decided I would be honest explaining them... will this affect my chances of getting in? I hope my writing was enough to convince them that I really have recovered and am ready for vet school.

Does anyone have any advice on whether or not to mention mental health issues in interviews or supplemental applications?

I'm of the opinion that you should be very guarded when discussing any health issues openly in any kind of interview or application. As much as we like to believe that we live in an open, accommodating society, we don't. We live in a culture that is often uncomfortable with disabilities, whether they are physical or psychiatric, permanent or temporary in nature. Stigmatization and discrimination are very real and permeate throughout all professional institutions.

Having said that, the main exception I have for, specifically, mental health is for diagnosed disorders that are in the process of being treated and which have caused a significant impact on your life. That kind of scenario usually leads to "holes" in your education and work history that may need an explanation. Still, you don't have to go into details about everything. Simply stating that you recognized that you had a problem and are seeking/sought out treatment is all an interviewer needs to know.

Reactions: 4 users
It really depends on if you feel comfortable talking about it. In my Iowa interview, they asked me about my most difficult accomplishment. I told them managing my depression has been the hardest thing for me. I'm only 25 but I've been dealing with it in some form since I was 7 and hit my all time low when I was 16, so for me it is something I feel comfortable talking about. They had an option to just reject me but I got waitlisted instead so I don't think it was detrimental. I also stumbled through a few of the other questions because I didn't really have answers (I'm really non-confrontational so I didn't have a lot of overcoming disagreement stories). If OCD is a big part of your life, it will effect your ability to do the work at vet school. I think if you want to talk about it during an interview, focus on the accomplishments you've had despite a mental disorder that can impact your productivity. It'll show you're tough and you can adapt well. Plenty of people in my class have legit anxiety issues that get accommodated so some schools are much more open to mental health problems. Do your research and use your best judgement in the interview. Good luck!

I would err on the side of caution as well. If you have massive gaps in your education/experience, withdrawn semesters or outright bad semesters (by bad I don't mean you got one C and all A's/B's in other courses, I mean failing most classes), then I would explain the issue. You don't need to go into detail though. A simple, "I was having some health issues during the time of x-z and I sought out treatment for these issues starting at time A, it has been B months/years since I have been treated for these health issues and as you can see since I have started treatment my grades have significantly improved. I do feel that my health issues are well managed at this time and will not be an issue during veterinary school because I am receiving care for these problems."

Something very basic like that is all that is needed. You don't need to delve into the specifics of what you have been through or what health issue or issues you have. Nobody needs to know that and honestly it is no one else's business but your own. Explain as generally as needed should you have specific gaps that need that explanation then move on to the strong parts of your application.

Reactions: 4 users
Thanks everyone! I don't have any educational/work related gaps caused by my OCD so I think I'll probably not mention it much if at all. I was thinking that I would potentially be judged for having OCD but didn't know if not mentioning it would be bad. My OCD actually sometimes benefits my schoolwork because I'm so busy worrying about it at all times of day!! But then again, I worry too much about if I did my assignments wrong too!:rofl: Thanks again everyone.

Thanks everyone! I don't have any educational/work related gaps caused by my OCD so I think I'll probably not mention it much if at all. I was thinking that I would potentially be judged for having OCD but didn't know if not mentioning it would be bad. My OCD actually sometimes benefits my schoolwork because I'm so busy worrying about it at all times of day!! But then again, I worry too much about if I did my assignments wrong too!:rofl: Thanks again everyone.

Ok, I'll be brutally honest, and maybe I'll sound like a dick, but whatever... I would not bring this up - it doesn't sound like this degree of "OCD" is interfering with your everyday life. The urge to repeat things is a very small part of OCD and is only a manifestation of the constant barrage of terrible, unwanted thoughts and fears we go through and can't stop, and honestly, one that people often mislabel as OCD and it drives those of us who have OCD crazy.

The continuous catastrophizing that can make you afraid to leave your house? Unable to shake constant and repeated unwanted thoughts of things like your car exploding, your dog getting loose and getting hit by a car, some psycho breaking into your house a slitting your throat, having a heart attack or dying of some mysterious disease? Heck, even waking up through the night with these thoughts. Being repeatedly unable to accept all the safeguards that you put in place to avoid these things? Being late for work, unable to go out with friends, unable to study, because, say, if you leave the house something terrible is going to happen and you simply cannot trust that the damn door IS locked and the stove IS off and WON'T explode? That's OCD. Not worrying about grades and checking the door too many times.

If there is more to your story, I apologize. And of course, no one can diagnose over the internet. But I can't help but feel ruffled when someone starts talking about OCD and in reality, what it appears to be is just some obsessiveness with sprinkling of anxiety. Too many people throw this diagnosis around.

Last edited:
Ok, I'll be brutally honest, and maybe I'll sound like a dick, but whatever... I would not bring this up - it doesn't sound like this degree of "OCD" is interfering with your everyday life. The urge to repeat things is a very small part of OCD and is only a manifestation of the constant barrage of terrible, unwanted thoughts and fears we go through and can't stop, and honestly, one that people often mislabel as OCD and it drives those of us who have OCD crazy.

The continuous catastrophizing that can make you afraid to leave your house? Unable to shake constant and repeated unwanted thoughts of things like your car exploding, your dog getting loose and getting hit by a car, some psycho breaking into your house a slitting your throat, having a heart attack or dying of some mysterious disease? Heck, even waking up through the night with these thoughts. Being repeatedly unable to accept all the safeguards that you put in place to avoid these things? Being late for work, unable to go out with friends, unable to study, because, say, if you leave the house something terrible is going to happen and you simply cannot trust that the damn door IS locked and the stove IS off and WON'T explode? That's OCD. Not worrying about grades and checking the door too many times.

If there is more to your story, I apologize. And of course, no one can diagnose over the internet. But I can't help but feel ruffled when someone starts talking about OCD and in reality, what it appears to be is just some obsessiveness with sprinkling of anxiety. Too many people throw this diagnosis around.

I accept your apology, because there is more to my story. I see a psychiatrist for my diagnosed OCD. I've gotten to a point where I'm OK with it and I'm really comfortable with myself. I get irritated when people say "I'm so OCD, I love my house to be clean". Yeah, try being in constant fear that your house is going to catch on fire and kill your pets and you have to check the stove 10 million times a day because of it. Not to mention other lovely scenarios.... though my less drastic OCD moments come with checking my planner a million times to make sure all of my work is done- this can actually HELP my school performance because it can lead me to study more (although not for the best of reasons).

I accept your apology, because there is more to my story. I see a psychiatrist for my diagnosed OCD. I've gotten to a point where I'm OK with it and I'm really comfortable with myself. I get irritated when people say "I'm so OCD, I love my house to be clean". Yeah, try being in constant fear that your house is going to catch on fire and kill your pets and you have to check the stove 10 million times a day because of it. Not to mention other lovely scenarios.... though my less drastic OCD moments come with checking my planner a million times to make sure all of my work is done- this can actually HELP my school performance because it can lead me to study more (although not for the best of reasons).
I've been dealing with severe OCD since I was about 8. I terrified my parents because I couldn't sleep, do what they asked, anything. Now, I'm used to my unpleasant thoughts and I know they are a product of my brain, not necessarily a true danger. If I'm about to drive somewhere, I automatically run down a list of the ways I can lose control of the car, run a red, whatever. I take control by telling myself that I WILL be observant, I WILL focus on the road (not that it's ever a problem, but you know what I mean).

I personally would recommend avoiding bringing up mental health issues in an application/interview. Not everyone understands these things or chooses to acknowledge them. You can wind up making yourself look ridiculous if you say you have to check your doors or planner a lot to make sure you're in the clear, because those things aren't debilitating. If you mention that you have an obsession with your pets dying horrible deaths, you will likely be told to address these issues before starting school.

Also, I want to echo WTF and say that it doesn't sound like it's interfering with your day to day. If it is (you have to turn around to check the pets, you drive home from work/school to check, whatever), seek help. I found myself starting to do that recently and addressed it promptly. You should be in control. Don't let your OCD manifest itself physically, either. Take control of it. It's highly likely that, with the stress of veterinary school, you will experience a flare up/worsening of your particular OCD symptoms...just remember to take control and seek a professional as needed.

Last edited:
I've been dealing with severe OCD since I was about 8. I terrified my parents because I couldn't sleep, do what they asked, anything. Now, I'm used to my unpleasant thoughts and I know they are a product of my brain, not necessarily a true danger. If I'm about to drive somewhere, I automatically run down a list of the ways I can lose control of the car, run a red, whatever. I take control by telling myself that I WILL be observant, I WILL focus on the road (not that it's ever a problem, but you know what I mean).

I personally would recommend avoiding bringing up mental health issues in an application/interview. Not everyone understands these things or chooses to acknowledge them. You can wind up making yourself look ridiculous if you say you have to check your doors or planner a lot to make sure you're in the clear, because those things aren't debilitating. If you mention that you have an obsession with your pets dying horrible deaths, you will likely be told to address these issues before starting school.

Also, I want to echo WTF and say that it doesn't sound like it's interfering with your day to day. If it is (you have to turn around to check the pets, you drive home from work/school to check, whatever), seek help. I found myself starting to do that recently and addressed it promptly. You should be in control. Don't let your OCD manifest itself physically, either. Take control of it. It's highly likely that, with the stress of veterinary school, you will experience a flare up/worsening of your particular OCD symptoms...just remember to take control and seek a professional as needed.

Based on what everyone has said, I definitely will not be bringing this up at all! I just needed to hear what everyone had to say :) Also, yeah it was interfering with my life day to day, which is why I sought help several months ago. It had gotten to the point where I would walk to my car, then go back inside and upstairs to check the stove and lock on my door over and over and over. I have even gotten in my car, drove away and turned around to go check them several times unfortunately. After a few years (yikes) of this type of behavior I finally got help for it. I kept thinking that my fears and behavior were rational but then my boyfriend helped me realize that um no it's not okay to be doing this. As of right now because I'm seeing an psychiatrist it's not this bad. I still occasionally have a really bad day, but a normally right now it's not interfering because of the methods my psychiatrist taught me. I'm pretty comfortable with who I am but I think I did need the reminder that other people aren't going to be so comfortable with it. I think my plan is to continue seeing someone throughout vet school (If I get in!) so I don't have any more really bad periods of time. It's probably just easier that way.

Ok. And that's what I said what I said what did, so you kind of know where I am coming from, and also why I had that disclaimer. OCD gets thrown around a lot and it drives me (and probably you too since you mentioned the whole oh, I'm so clean and organized, I'm so OCD which makes me want to smack people) nuts. I ended up dealing with it for too long in....less than productive ways, which really fecked up my third year of vet school.

Last edited:
Ok. And that's what I said what I said what did, so you kind of know where I am coming from, and also why I had that disclaimer. OCD gets thrown around a lot and it drives me (and probably you too since you mentioned the whole oh, I'm so clean and organized, I'm so OCD which makes me want to smack people) nuts. I ended up dealing with it for too long in....less than productive ways, which really fecked up my third year of vet school.

Yeah... my boyfriend helped me realize that it had been going on too long so I got some help and I'm doing way better, which is probably why my first post came off as not really having OCD. I'm just stressed right now and feel like it's going to get worse again. Thankfully I've got an appointment on Friday. Also please don't smack me :laugh:.

@WhtsThFrequency FWIW, I can understand why that would annoy you if you have OCD, and I think you did good wording it so it was nice :p

But anyway, yeah, I can see how the OCD label getting thrown around all the time would make people be less compassionate toward somebody with true OCD because, in their mind, everybody has it and they function fine. So when a real OCD person can't perform up to par, they just get labeled as lazy :(

The lazy label is tossed around too much, as well.

@WhtsThFrequency FWIW, I can understand why that would annoy you if you have OCD, and I think you did good wording it so it was nice :p

But anyway, yeah, I can see how the OCD label getting thrown around all the time would make people be less compassionate toward somebody with true OCD because, in their mind, everybody has it and they function fine. So when a real OCD person can't perform up to par, they just get labeled as lazy :(

The lazy label is tossed around too much, as well.

It's sort of the same with gluten (of all things, but hear me out). Everyone who moans and groans about "oh, gluten is so bad for you, I'm sensitive to gluten, I eat gluten free blah blah blah"...it drives people with actual celiac disease nuts because it has diluted the idea of gluten free eating so much that people don't take it seriously anymore.

Yeah... my boyfriend helped me realize that it had been going on too long so I got some help and I'm doing way better, which is probably why my first post came off as not really having OCD. I'm just stressed right now and feel like it's going to get worse again. Thankfully I've got an appointment on Friday. Also please don't smack me :laugh:.

It's good that you have a significant other that realizes the issue and is willing to be supportive. Mine has been invaluable. I don't know if I would have been able to make half the changes I have over the course of the last 4 years if it had not been for him.

It's sort of the same with gluten (of all things, but hear me out). Everyone who moans and groans about "oh, gluten is so bad for you, I'm sensitive to gluten, I eat gluten free blah blah blah"...it drives people with actual celiac disease nuts because it has diluted the idea of gluten free eating so much that people don't take it seriously anymore.
heck, this drives me nuts on behalf of those with Celiac's.

Oh yes, that's another one.

You know, stuff like this used to really bother me....like MAJOR....like I'd be irritated about it all day. And it's interesting what helped me deal with it. I spent about two months studying social psychology. It totally changed my perspective on humanity and the annoying things they do. Like labeling. That's hard wired into us. Those of us who don't label (well MOST OF THE TIME...nobody's perfect), are the ones who have become aware of this natural tendency and have learned to suppress it, because it's not that useful in modern life (though it may have been to our ancestors.)

So basically, learning that stuff established that annoying flaw of humanity as normal. It made me able to look at a labeling human the same way I would a dog who was obnoxiously jumping up for attention. That comes naturally to it and it's never learned any other way to be. So, it's easy to not get mad at the dog for it.

Now of course, dogs are more willing learners than people are, and I could argue quite rightly that people's habits are hard to change. But I've learned how to stop this from ruining my day, too. Instead of looking at these people as impossible, I look at them as an exciting challenge and I want to hone my ability to get them to consider another perspective. This is what inspired me to go on a Lynda.com binge watching lots of videos about communication and dealing with difficult people. It's helping me deal with EVERYBODY better. Like I'm getting along with my mom now and that's just crazy haha xD

So it's weird how something that once drove me batty, is something I feel so at peace with now. <3

This. I also get my panties in a bunch when people automatically label some one as having Asperger's or autism. Or calling someone 'spergy.' Just because someone is quiet, doesn't fit into your social group, or is different, doesn't mean they have a disorder. Everyone assumes autism/Asperger's is the reason why school shootings happen, too (Sandy Hook is a good example). My little sister has Asperger's and I will tell you how I feel if you label someone just because you don't approve of them in some way. +pissed+:whoa:

All I have to say is the R word, used in hatred... some day I may hurt someone very badly.

I understand it was a thing when we were kids to say something was stupid and we were trained that it was cool. Habits die hard. But when I hear the comments about the President and his crew or whatever else somebody decides they HATE this week and they think the very best way to express themselves is to use a word that they equate to "something too stupid to live." "Something not worth my time because it is so idiotic that somebody should just put it out of it's misery."

Then there is the history behind what they actually used to (and sometimes still do if nobody is watching) do to those who are given this label...

I may kill someone who dares to do that to my face and be as callous and uncaring as people dare to be online.

Momma Bear out!