papaki

10+ Year Member
Dec 22, 2008
Status (Visible)
I have taken antidepressants while in dental school the past few years. Now I am ready to apply for state boards and on the application form they ask if "have you been treated for any mental illness the past 5 years?"

I really don't want to disclose that on my form. Do you think answering yes to a question like than will harm my chances? Anybody had a similar experience?

Please help me as it seems that everything I worked for are going to waste..

lrania1

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
That is a good question. I would think if it was something mild - no hospitalizations etc and you have supportive letters from your doctor that it should be fine but I don't know for sure.

Anybody else knows? Any personal experience and how did you deal with this?

BuckeyMcGee

10+ Year Member
Oct 30, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Legally they can't discriminate against you for this. You'd be surprised how many dentists and doctors are prescribed these meds. I would go ahead and disclose it but seriously doubt it would harm your chances of licensure.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.