Mental or Physical Impairment Question?

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by Joleybear, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Joleybear

Classifieds Approved

Pre-Pharmacy
    "I have a diagnosed physical or mental impairment that substantially limits my participation in educational experiences and opportunities offered by a college."

To be honest, I am a bit scared to answer honestly... I have a severe anxiety disorder and OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder).

#1 Joleybear, Jul 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
  2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. JustFillIt

So..... you realize everyone is crazy right? No seriously.

By the way I am not implying that you are crazy - I am implying that everyone is secretly crazy... if you feel that you have the proper coping mechanisms in place then you are just fine. What that question is really hinting at is - do you have a drug abuse problem or do you have a severe enough problem (do you lack coping mechanisms) to honesty participate in your education or pharmacy.

4. NextStepTutor_4

NextStepTutor_4 Next Step PCAT Expert

Hi @Joleybear! If you are considering to pursue pharmacy, it might be a good idea to talk to your academic advisor, counselor and your family physician first. They might be able to give you tips on how to approach your situation. Perhaps there might be ways to help you cope with certain situations. If you are looking to take the PCAT, the folks there may also extend your testing time if you let them know in advance.

I hope this helps and best of luck!