Mention the school in my PS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hschemteacher

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm only applying to one MD school and then a handful of DO schools (I'm a non-trad, re-app, with a low undergrad GPA--3.08s and 3.11c with a 30 MCAT).

The MD school to which I'm applying is the same school as my undergrad and graduate degrees, and I've been a resident of the state since moving here for undergrad.

Would it be beneficial to be bold and straight out state I want to get into XYZ school in my PS? Just for AMCAS, of course. Part of me thinks it would grab their attention and show I want to give back to this specific community.

Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

I would say don't do it. What if you decide to apply to a few other MD schools? Keep specifics to the school to the secondary, as many ask "why do you want to go to our school?" Ect.

Reactions: 1 user
You COULD see the focus of the school (urban vs. rural, international opportunities, curriculum highlights) and work that into your essay... Conform to their mission (you can also do this with your EC list/descriptions)