Aug 7, 2017
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Hello,

So I currently have a number of secondaries asking what my plans are for my gap year. Since graduation I've been working full time in a medical school lab, and know I will be planning on volunteering at a local hospital starting soon -- I just haven't had the time yet during the busy application process. Is it acceptable to mention my confident future plans for clinical volunteering starting next month (the hospitals are currently looking for volunteers) on my secondaries or do med schools look down on that? Thanks so much!

gonnif

Only 342 Days Until Next Presidential Election
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
Hello,

So I currently have a number of secondaries asking what my plans are for my gap year. Since graduation I've been working full time in a medical school lab, and know I will be planning on volunteering at a local hospital starting soon -- I just haven't had the time yet during the busy application process. Is it acceptable to mention my confident future plans for clinical volunteering starting next month (the hospitals are currently looking for volunteers) on my secondaries or do med schools look down on that? Thanks so much!
And if the opportunities dont come thru for whatever reason and you get asked at an interview about them, you look like a fool. I advise applicants to shy away from mentioning future plans without a solid basis for doing so (like a contract, a fellowship, etc)

Reactions: Goro
About the Ads