Mentioning MCAT retake on AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bobsdobs

It's me, snitches!
Reaction score
Hello.

I'm conflicted about whether or not to add my MCAT retake date on my AMCAS application. I got a 508 on my first MCAT (126, 128, 125, 129), which I took in April 2018, and I am going to be retaking the MCAT on 08/9/2019. I confirmed with AMCAS that regardless of whether a future MCAT date is listed or not that any retake scores are automatically sent as updates to my school list anyway. I am a reapplicant this cycle, and I did initially list the future test date on my AMCAS to show that I am taking steps to improve my application. I have already completed most of my secondary applications, but a few schools would not consider my application complete for review until my MCAT retake score is released. So, I edited my AMCAS app to remove the future MCAT test date so that my applications are still reviewed in the meantime since waiting for them to review my app in September is such a disadvantage. My concern is that some schools to which I am reapplying will assume that I am not taking this step to improve my application. All schools have now been sent an update that I have removed the future test date- even the ones that assured me that they would still review my application in the meantime regardless. Rock and a hard place! Any suggestions on how to proceed from here?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
My point is that I don't want them to hold my application for later review, but some schools have told me that they will not review until after they have received the retake score. I took the future MCAT test date off of my AMCAS for this reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.