Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Mentioning specialty in PS

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by eunice, Jun 20, 2002.

1. eunice

eunice Senior Member

Hi,

I really want to be a pediatrician... but should i not mention that in my personal statement?
    i've heard different things.. people say to leave it in.. people say to take it out.. b/c adcom wants to see that i just want to help out people in general..
    any thoughts?
    thanks!
    and if you want to read my personal statement..to comment, correct.. that'd be much appreciated!! just PM me! =)
    thanks!!

eunice

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. simpleG

simpleG Member

eunice,

my thinking on the personal statement, is that you can say pretty much anything if you say it well in the right context. if you can weave your desire to be a pediatrician into your essay well, and if it has a place within the flow of you statement, then by all means put it in. don't leave it out because you're afraid of what ad coms will think...what's wrong with wanting to be a pediatrician anyways?

of course everything i said also applies the other way. if it doesn't fit in, if you can't make it work smoothly, then leave it out.

4. eunice

eunice Senior Member

thanks!!
    =)

eunice

5. none

none 1K Member

That sounds like a fine thing to discuss.