Mentioning ties to an OOS school after submitting secondary?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medicineiscool456

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I applied to two schools in Massachusetts early September. Obviously haven’t heard back yet since I only applied a few weeks ago. I am from New York so I am OOS.

Thing is, I have immediate family living in the Boston area near these schools. I did not think to mention this during my application because I thought with private schools it doesn’t really matter.

Would it be worth it to send an update to these schools informing them I have family in the area? I’m above the median MCAT/GPA for both schools, if that matters.

thank you in advance!

***ties to state, not the school

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Ties to a state do not matter either? Thanks again!
It's something that you can say in the "why our school?" essay, but real ties to a state or those that would have a school convinced that you would want to stay there, like growing up in the state, or having gone to college there.

Reactions: 1 users
It's something that you can say in the "why our school?" essay, but real ties to a state or those that would have a school convinced that you would want to stay there, like growing up in the state, or having gone to college there.
I will leave my applications as-is then! Thank you, I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question!!

Reactions: 1 user