Mercer Pharmacy ℅ 2021 (Fall 2017 Matriculation)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drkprstr

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey! I haven't found a thread for Mercer Class of 2021, so I decided to make this one. My pharmCAS has been verified and I received an email last Monday from Mercer saying that my application is complete. Does anyone know when we will be hearing from them? I applied ED and I can't wait to hear back from them!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! I haven't found a thread for Mercer Class of 2021, so I decided to make this one. My pharmCAS has been verified and I received an email last Monday from Mercer saying that my application is complete. Does anyone know when we will be hearing from them? I applied ED and I can't wait to hear back from them!
My PharmCAS has also been verified and I got an email from them saying that my application is under review. I'm pretty anxious waiting on an interview! Their response time is pretty fast compared to most pharmacy schools, so we should hear back soon. Best of luck to us!

I hope so! I am super excited about them. Did you apply ED as well? How long has yours been under review? I got that email last Monday, so it's been a little over a week

Members don't see this ad :)
I hope so! I am super excited about them. Did you apply ED as well? How long has yours been under review? I got that email last Monday, so it's been a little over a week
Mine has been under review since last Monday as well. I feel so, so anxious :(
And no, I didn't apply ED, but Mercer is one of my top choices!

Mine has been under review since last Monday as well. I feel so, so anxious :(
And no, I didn't apply ED, but Mercer is one of my top choices!

Gotcha! Hopefully, we will get something soon! Good luck!

Gotcha! Hopefully, we will get something soon! Good luck!
Thanks! I received an email with an invitation for interview yesterday! Mine is 9/2!! Good luck to you as well and update this thread when you get yours!

Thanks! I received an email with an invitation for interview yesterday! Mine is 9/2!! Good luck to you as well and update this thread when you get yours!

Hey! I also got an email for interview on Friday! My interview is also on 9/2! We will see each other there!! Congrats!!!

I wonder how many other people will be there

I wonder how many other people will be there
Congrats on your interview! And I'm really not sure. I've heard the groups can be big or small, but since we are pretty early, it might not be that big. Are you excited?

Congrats on your interview! And I'm really not sure. I've heard the groups can be big or small, but since we are pretty early, it might not be that big. Are you excited?

Yes!! I am super excited!! I am just trying to crank out that supplemental essay that they sent out to us today...which has to be done by Wednesday. It isn't a hard prompt, I just like to have time to revise and what not instead of having to do it all so quickly

Hello guys!
congratuation for your interview!
First of all, I also want to go to Mercer University and gonna take my first pcat in this Sept..
I am worried about it so much..
my overall gpa is slightly over average gpa of Mercer University.

Can you guys tell me about you guys pcat scores if you dont mind?

Hey!
My PCAT composite was a 58 and my pharmcas GPA is 3.8!

My PCAT composite was a 70 and PharmCAS GPA 3.1. I'm also currently an undergraduate at Mercer University.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes!! I am super excited!! I am just trying to crank out that supplemental essay that they sent out to us today...which has to be done by Wednesday. It isn't a hard prompt, I just like to have time to revise and what not instead of having to do it all so quickly
Yeah, I basically had to do it in a rush since I have a lot of work for my other courses to do.. I'm excited but also pretty nervous for the interview!

Yeah, I basically had to do it in a rush since I have a lot of work for my other courses to do.. I'm excited but also pretty nervous for the interview!

Good luck tomorrow on your interview! I hope we both get accepted!! I'm so excited I can't sleep

Good luck tomorrow on your interview! I hope we both get accepted!! I'm so excited I can't sleep
Hey! I got the call today!! I hope you did too!
I'm so excited! AHHHH

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys, I have an interview coming up on September 30! Could you two please tell me what to expect? What kind of questions did they ask?

Thanks!

Hey guys, I have an interview coming up on September 30! Could you two please tell me what to expect? What kind of questions did they ask?

Thanks!

Dsc, I have two questions for you:
1. When did they email you that they had received your application for review?
2. When did they offer you the interview?

Thanks!

You will have a tour, a group interview, and an interview with a faculty member. They are really relaxed and very welcoming. Just review basic pharmacy school interview questions and be yourself and you will be ok!

I interviewed on 9/2/16 and also received my call Tuesday! It was a small group that day, I hope we all made it! See you next August!

You will have a tour, a group interview, and an interview with a faculty member. They are really relaxed and very welcoming. Just review basic pharmacy school interview questions and be yourself and you will be ok!
Thanks for the info! Congrats on getting accepted. I hope that I can eventually say the same!

Dsc, I have two questions for you:
1. When did they email you that they had received your application for review?
2. When did they offer you the interview?
It took around four weeks for them to review my application, and they offered the interview two days ago

I have applied to Mercer as well and received an email saying my application is complete . Hope to get an interview

Hello MUkitten, can I ask one question to you?
I have an interview in 10/21 and I would like to hear how many questions they ask you in one-to-one interview. :D

Hello All,

So while I still have some time before applying to Mercer School of Pharmacy, I wanted to ask what is the minimum GPA and PCAT that'll qualify a student for an interview. My plan is to do my best to knock my PCAT out of the water, but I'm worried my GPA may be at the a bit low. Anyways, the dream of my life is to get into Mercer's School of Pharmacy. I had an opportunity to tour it and it was love at first sight. I'm very fortunate to be blessed with amazing interview skills, so my main concern is getting into the door of that interview. Any input would be highly appreciated. And I wish all the best to all of you this cycle!

Hello All,

So while I still have some time before applying to Mercer School of Pharmacy, I wanted to ask what is the minimum GPA and PCAT that'll qualify a student for an interview. My plan is to do my best to knock my PCAT out of the water, but I'm worried my GPA may be at the a bit low. Anyways, the dream of my life is to get into Mercer's School of Pharmacy. I had an opportunity to tour it and it was love at first sight. I'm very fortunate to be blessed with amazing interview skills, so my main concern is getting into the door of that interview. Any input would be highly appreciated. And I wish all the best to all of you this cycle!

Sorry for the late response. I haven't been on in a while. Your science and cumulative GPA have to be above 3.0 and have a PCAT composite score > 50. That should qualify you for an interview. But I would recommend getting some experience in the pharmacy world before you apply too. Also, submit your application ASAP because spots are already filling up. Good luck and I hope to see you next year!

Sorry for the late response. I haven't been on in a while. Your science and cumulative GPA have to be above 3.0 and have a PCAT composite score > 50. That should qualify you for an interview. But I would recommend getting some experience in the pharmacy world before you apply too. Also, submit your application ASAP because spots are already filling up. Good luck and I hope to see you next year!

Firstly, thank you so so much for your reply. I'm actually just a first-year college student right now, but when it does come time to apply, I will be applying ED. So generally, if one has a Science and Cumalitive GPA above a 3.0 plus a PCAT score above 50, and some experience in Pharmacy, are they very likely to get an interview? I will keep that in mind as a I move forward.

Thank you so much for your encouragements mate. It really calms down my fears and I'm happy that there is someone like you on the thread. I really hope to get into Mercer's Pharmacy school in the future.

All the best to you as you begin your Pharmacy career at Mercer. I have a huge amount of respect for you and all of those who got in. You worked very hard to see this day and you deserve it! I hope that you have a successful and fulfilling Pharmacy career!

I had my interview on October 17. I haven't received a call from the Admissions but I did receive a request to complete a drug screening that I completed today. I hope that means I got accepted! Is anyone else still waiting for a call from those who were interviewed either on 10/17 or 10/21?

I had my interview on October 17. I haven't received a call from the Admissions but I did receive a request to complete a drug screening that I completed today. I hope that means I got accepted! Is anyone else still waiting for a call from those who were interviewed either on 10/17 or 10/21?
I had my interview on 10/17 as well and I haven't heard anything yet.

Did you also receive a request for Drug Screening? I had received mine this morning.
No I didn't. So I guess that means I probably won't be accepted. But that's alright hopefully I'll grab a spot on the wait list or something!

Hi guys, I also applied to Mercer on Nov 7th. I got an email from Mercer saying that they verified my information with Pharmcas. Im just waiting on the email regarding the interview. I hope I get in!

Hey would you mind telling me your stats. GPA, PCAT score. My Pharmcas gpa is a 3.5 but I didn't do too well on the quatitative part of PCAT and ended with a 60%. I just want to know so I can see what chance I have on getting in.

Hey would you mind telling me your stats. GPA, PCAT score. My Pharmcas gpa is a 3.5 but I didn't do too well on the quatitative part of PCAT and ended with a 60%. I just want to know so I can see what chance I have on getting in.
I think it is good given you have a great GPA. A 60% isn't that bad given you have an effective counter-balance (your GPA)

Thanks for the reply !
Yah no problem. But I do have one piece of advice. RELAX. You've done very well and you have a lot to be proud of with a 3.5 PharmCAS Gpa and 60 PCAT. Know that you are a great candidate.

I just heard back today. I have an interview on Friday!!! Im so excited.

Hey everyone!
How long after the interview will you hear back?

Hey everyone!
How long after the interview will you hear back?
I had my interview a Monday and got a call that same Friday. make sure to have your phone handy and answer all calls even if it seems it's outside business hours. I got my call at around 8:00pm while I was at work from the advisor's personal phone while I was at work and didn't think to check my voicemail until a week after. Good Luck!

I had a total GPA of 3.70 and got a composite of 62. I didn't do well on the quantitative reasoning but got 85 and 86 PR on the sciences.

Has anyone received any information about vaccines? Kaylee said that she would be sending some out "soon" in october, but I haven't received anything yet

Has anyone received any information about vaccines? Kaylee said that she would be sending some out "soon" in october, but I haven't received anything yet

I emailed Ms Berry at the beginning of November and she said that the immunization document was being updated and that it would be sent out as soon as it had been reviewed/approved. I haven't received anything since then.

Any updates for this school? Upcoming interviews? I have an interview March 3rd but may try to change my date

Hi everyone,
I have an interview on June 5th @1 pm and was wondering if anyone else will be there as well?