Mercer University College of Pharmacy Class of 2019 (Entering Fall 2015)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MrsCway

Better late (applying @ my age) than never!
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone:

I haven't seen a thread for Mercer's Class of 2019 pharmacy class, so I decided to start one (I know, it's a bit early...). I apologize if there's one out there (I thought I searched pretty diligently!).

This will be my second time applying to Mercer: I was placed on the alternate list for 2014 admission, but no spots opened up (as I was informed by Admissions via an email). Hopefully by applying early this time, and the fact that I earned a few more A's in some pre-reqs (yes!), I'll secure an interview, leading to a spot in the 2015 entering class.

Good luck to everyone during the application process! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hello Everyone:

I haven't seen a thread for Mercer's Class of 2019 pharmacy class, so I decided to start one (I know, it's a bit early...). I apologize if there's one out there (I thought I searched pretty diligently!).

This will be my second time applying to Mercer: I was placed on the alternate list for 2014 admission, but no spots opened up (as I was informed by Admissions via an email). Hopefully by applying early this time, and a few more A's in some pre-reqs (yay!), I'll secure an interview, leading to a spot in the 2015 entering class.

Good luck to everyone during the application process! :).

Could you tell what fonts here that you used for this post ?? I like this font.

GL :)

Hello Everyone:

This will be my second time applying to Mercer: I was placed on the alternate list for 2014 admission, but no spots opened up (as I was informed by Admissions via an email). Hopefully by applying early this time, and a few more A's in some pre-reqs (yay!), I'll secure an interview, leading to a spot in the 2015 entering class.

Good luck to everyone during the application process! :).
I'm thinking about applying to Mercer as well!! Hope I get admitted!! How was the application/interview process?

Members don't see this ad :)
Could you tell what fonts here that you used for this post ?? I like this font.

GL :)

LOL-the font is Book Antiqua. It's on Microsoft Office too. :)

I'm thinking about applying to Mercer as well!! Hope I get admitted!! How was the application/interview process? .

The interview is very laid back and nice. Just relax and be professional and you'll do fine.Their application process and response time is very fast-you may get a response as early as a few days after your interview! I was very impressed. I just hope I can get another interview, and get picked for the class. Good luck!

Just got an interview invite. Scheduled for Sept 5 but will prob reschedule

Reactions: 2 users
I received an interview invite for September 5 also! I applied as an early decision.

My interview went really well yesterday. Now I am just waiting. I hope I receive a call on Monday or Tuesday!

Reactions: 1 users
Yes, and I received a call this afternoon! I got accepted!
Congratulations! I'm applying to PCOM also in Georgia and i'm still dying waiting for the interview invite. I wish everyone here get accepted to their dream schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
@Lv202014 : congratulations! I'm glad to see they're still giving quick feedback. Hope to see you next fall too! Just waiting on one more recommendation before I submit my app...

How long was it from supplemental application to interview invite?

I received an interview invite like 4 days ago for sept 26. I had another interview at 25th so I called them & ask to reschedule it. they said that they have two available interview dates after 26th , so I am schedule for oct 24 now . I know I have missed a really good opportunity I wanted to go there so badly but due to some family reasons I have to keep mercer and PCOM as my 2nd option:-(

I received an interview invite like 4 days ago for sept 26. I had another interview at 25th so I called them & ask to reschedule it. they said that they have two available interview dates after 26th , so I am schedule for oct 24 now . I know I have missed a really good opportunity I wanted to go there so badly but due to some family reasons I have to keep mercer and PCOM as my 2nd option:-(

Why do you think you missed a really good opportunity? I think an October interview is still great timing (heck, I have to think that-my interview may be in October too-LOL!). Good luck to you for whichever school you choose!

To all of you with upcoming interviews, just relax and be confident! I interviewed on Sept 5th and was accepted the following week. It's really laid back and feels more like a regular conversation!

To all of you with upcoming interviews, just relax and be confident! I interviewed on Sept 5th and was accepted the following week. It's really laid back and feels more like a regular conversation!

Congratulations and thanks for the encouraging words! :)

Last edited:
E-submitted 08/31
Supplemental 09/04
Verification 09/22
Interview invite 09/24
Interview 10/03
Acceptance 10/07

Last edited:
I hope I can get accepted to Mercer next Fall....my stats aren't too good but I'm still hoping to get lucky.
PCAT=78% Writing 4
GPA Overall 3.11
Science and Math GPA 2.6
Four letters of recommendation (3 from pharmacists)
Work experience and volunteering

You guys think I could get an interview???

I hope I can get accepted to Mercer next Fall....my stats aren't too good but I'm still hoping to get lucky.
PCAT=78% Writing 4
GPA Overall 3.11
Science and Math GPA 2.6

I think you could! My pcat is lower than that and my overall GPA is a 3.08 and I was recently accepted!

PCAT 61, 95 BIO, 95 CHEM, 71 VERBAL, 2 READING and 16 Math
GPA 3.8(PHARMCAS calculated)
3 LORs (two from professors orgo & anatomy and 1 from surgeon)
I am an esl student, have poor writing skills and have a broken english when in comes to speaking( I have been living in United state for last 2 years)
What are my chances?
I recieved an invitation for sept 26 but I reschedule it for late octuber

Why do you think you missed a really good opportunity? I think an October interview is still great timing (heck, I have to think that-my interview may be in October too-LOL!). Good luck to you for whichever school you choose!.

I heard that early you apply , more chances you have of getting in. Sorry for getting back to you so late. Thanks by the way.

I heard that early you apply , more chances you have of getting in. Sorry for getting back to you so late. Thanks by the way.

That is true, I've found-which is why I'm applying much earlier than I did last year, since I was waitlisted and then alternate-listed last year. I think you'll be fine-just do your best during the interview! :)

PCAT=78% Writing 4
GPA Overall 3.11
Science and Math GPA 2.6

Three letters of reference from pharmacists is impressive! Is your fourth letter from a professor (I've been told Mercer wants to see at least one from a professor)? Is your work experience and volunteering in a pharmacy? If not, that's still OK. I think your chances are good-just go ahead and apply-you never know! Mercer (and some other schools too) looks at the whole package of an applicant, esp. the interview.

Last edited:
Three letters of reference from pharmacists is impressive! Is your fourth letter from a professor (I've been told Mercer wants to see at least one from a professor). Is your work experience and volunteering in a pharmacy? If not, that's still OK. I think your chances are good-just go ahead and apply-you never know! Mercer (and some other schools too) looks at the whole package of an applicant, esp. the interview..

Yeah thanks and yeah I volunteered in a Pharmacy and my fourth letter is from a Professor in Physics for that matter.I just applied I hope I can get in

If one is accepted...How long does he or she have to accept their acceptance to the school before the school eventually gives up their spot to the next most willing candidate....1 week? 2 weeks? 4 weeks?

If one is accepted...How long does he or she have to accept their acceptance to the school before the school eventually gives up their spot to the next most willing candidate....1 week? 2 weeks? 4 weeks?
Usually they give you 2 to 3 weeks to reply if you want the seat or not.

Hopefully I also get an interview. I have one in Maine this Friday and had one in Fresno a week ago.

Does anyone else have an interview at Mercer this Friday (10-17-14)?

Ive been verified for some days now when I do you think I should start worrying if Im gonna be given an interview or not??

Ive been verified for some days now when I do you think I should start worrying if Im gonna be given an interview or not??

Did you get the email from Mercer PharmD stating that your application is with the Admissions Committee?

Supplemental Received 09/04
Application complete 09/23
Interview invitation 09/24

You have exactly three weeks to pay a $500 non-refundable deposit. It will count towards your first semester's tuition.

Hi all, I have an interview Oct. 24, what can I expect?

I am withdrawing my interviews from PCOM and mercer. Made this decision today! All the best to all of you !!

I am withdrawing my interviews from PCOM and mercer. Made this decision today! All the best to all of you !!
Where did you get accepted that made you do that????

Hey guys, I have an interview on Nov 7th. Anybody else?

Hey guys, I have an interview on Nov 7th. Anybody else?
Hi! I'm applying for Mercer as well. Do you mind sharing when you submitted your application, when it was verified, and when you received your interview invitation? I'm trying to gauge my time.

PharmCAS 8/5
verified: mid september
Supplemental: end of september
Interview invitation: this morning

Good Luck!!

PharmCAS & Supplemental: 9/23
Verified: 10/09
Interview Invitation: 10/16 (via e-mail)
Interviewed: 10/24
Accepted: 10/28 (via phone)

Hi! I'm applying for Mercer as well. Do you mind sharing when you submitted your application, when it was verified, and when you received your interview invitation? I'm trying to gauge my time.

Hi, How was the interview?

Congrats! I got accepted too! We interviewed on the same day. My name is TK.