Mercer University Feburary Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FSUNOLE

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, everyone. I was told by Mercer staff that the invitation letters were sent last week. I'm wondering for those who were interviewed in Feburary have gotten your letter of admission/rejection yet this week?

Thanks, and congratulations to those who have got accepted! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I had an interview in January and I've been placed on the post-interview hold list ever since. I have to wait it out now until May. What's your stats if you don't mind?

I received an email March 1st telling me of my acceptance and received the official letter in the mail on the 9th. Interviewed 2/9.

Members don't see this ad :)
what's your stats?

I got a letter from Mercer today stating that they have requested additional time to review my file. I interviewed at Samford on Tuesday, so that is where I really hope to get in if I don't hear from South. Good luck to everyone.

well, my stat is 3.78 GPA, and 82th percentile PCAT. I have held offices in different clubs and organizations, and I am also a teacher's assistant for my 2nd semester.

I had an interview on Feburary 9th, but I assumed I would get rejected/waitlisted because I didn't get a e-mail regarding on admission. I've been accepted into University of Iowa, LECOM-Bradenton, and just waiting for mercer and UF. I'm nervous because I know both schools have already sent out their letters.

My stats are 3.64 with an 83 PCAT, 100 hours of volunteer hours, and 5+ years of Air Force active duty. Considering the last part of the above statement, I don't really have a lot of time for extra-curriculars. If you haven't heard anything yet then you will most likely receive a letter stating that Mercer Adcom. requires more time to review your application. Or, maybe they could not find your e-mail on file and your acceptance letter is in the mail. Either way...good luck!

P.S. I personally know people who have gotten in with less extra-curriculars, a lower PCAT score than ours, and about an even G.P.A.

what's your stats?

Cummulative GPA: 3.65
Science: ~3.7
PCAT: 99%
No work experience, minimal extracurriculars besides improv comedy

My interview went extremely well and they paired me up with a faculty member and student that I clicked with. I'm really convinced that once you got an interview Mercer was looking more for a personality type, rather than amazing stats.

Sayin' I don't have a personality? J/k...

Sayin' I don't have a personality? J/k...

It's the only way I can explain that I got in considering they like to boast about how over 90% of their students had previous work experience and I've never set foot behind the pharmacy counter. Maybe if I had a 4.0 GPA, unmarred by the mistakes of a D here or there when I was younger, that could make up for the lack of experience... otherwise who knows why I got accepted.

I interviewed at Mercer on 02/23. Got an acceptance email on 03/02 and got the hardcopy letter a few days later. My stats are
PCAT - 97%
gpa - 4.0
8 months pharm.tech experience.
I think at the interview, they were willing to put aside all stats and academics to focus on the individual, and how you interact and communicate. One of my student hosts gave me a heads up about the interview, he said to make sure you talk to Dr. Bartling and Joanna. It's a big no-no not to talk to them.

Does anyone how this whole being on-hold thing works at Mercer? Does Mercer deny anyone after their Interview or is everyone who did not make the cut given the generic letter "we need more time?" What are the chances of getting in and do we have to wait til MAY to find out???????????????

I interviewed at Mercer on 02/23. Got an acceptance email on 03/02 and got the hardcopy letter a few days later. My stats are
PCAT - 97%
gpa - 4.0
8 months pharm.tech experience.
I think at the interview, they were willing to put aside all stats and academics to focus on the individual, and how you interact and communicate. One of my student hosts gave me a heads up about the interview, he said to make sure you talk to Dr. Bartling and Joanna. It's a big no-no not to talk to them.

I remember one of my student tour guides telling me that as well. But here's the thing, those two people are only involved in the actual admissions process. I don't see how sucking up to Dr. Bartling or Jordana is going to make me any better of a pharmacy student then being myself and making my way to them as I gradually get to meet everyone. Not to say that you're a suck up, but some of those students wouldn't leave the two alone long enough to join in on a conversation. I'm not sure that I personally want to pay $24,000 a year when I'm going to be critiqued based upon how much I talked to the Dean of Admissions and his assistant. Given, I want to go to school, but I'm not limited to simply one selection during my undergrad studies.

Does anyone how this whole being on-hold thing works at Mercer? Does Mercer deny anyone after their Interview or is everyone who did not make the cut given the generic letter "we need more time?" What are the chances of getting in and do we have to wait til MAY to find out???????????????

bump

It's the only way I can explain that I got in considering they like to boast about how over 90% of their students had previous work experience and I've never set foot behind the pharmacy counter. Maybe if I had a 4.0 GPA, unmarred by the mistakes of a D here or there when I was younger, that could make up for the lack of experience... otherwise who knows why I got accepted.

I agree. I think with Mercer, your stats get you an interview, but once you have them it's about how they think of you at the interview. If you don't interview well, you have to make sure to practice.