Mercer University SOM interviews/acceptances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A whole lot of nothing

Members don't see this ad.

sittin' on the dock of the bay, watching the tide roll away........

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess at this point it doesn't look good for any of us

If we don't hear from them, that means we're in right?

sick of waiting, I'm calling them now

JCoyote1 said:
sick of waiting, I'm calling them now

got an answering machine, left a message, waiting for a call back. How's everyone else's luck?

called again today and spoke with Kay. She said the committee has one more meeting to determine the alternate list and that "everyone should have a letter within the week". good luck

I haven't heard anything. I talked to another student here this morning that interviewed at Mercer a few weeks after me and he received a wait list letter on Saturday. So doesn't look too good for me.

JCoyote1 said:
called again today and spoke with Kay. She said the committee has one more meeting to determine the alternate list and that "everyone should have a letter within the week". good luck

Another week?! Good lord. :thumbdown:

please tell me somebody has heard something.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys. I am a first year student at Mercer.
Dont count on what I know but as of Friday the ADCOM said they will be set on their class by May 1st with only waitlist movement left for the summer.

If you are waitlisted, please dont give up on it!!! I was on the waitlist and I got pulled off the first week of classes and so did two other classmates of mine. Granted this was a very strange situation to have that many, but it can happen.

Give me a message if yall have any questions I might know.

Hey PMED, do you know if all of the waitlist letters have been sent out. thanks

Rejected. I'm at a loss. I get waitlisted at MCG where my interview didn't go so hot, and flat out rejected where my interview went great.

Sorry to hear about the rejection, but dont let it bring you down. It is a total crapshot! As a former two year waitlister with more rejections than I care to admit, it means nothing.

Best of luck with the MCG waitlist.

Rejected. PMED what kind of things did you do during those years that you think improved your chances?

Good question. Sorry to hear about the rejection, but it doesnt really mean anything.

Honestly, I dont feel that there is anything that needs to be done if you were rejected. Keep applying, play the waiting game and it will pay off. I want to say that at least 40% of my class did not get in the first time.

I would recommend doing something in the off year, but only do it because you will enjoy it. Dont do it for the reason of impressing a committee. Trust me, it will all fall into place with time.

Best of luck.

I have to agree with PMED. I have tried for two years and luckily I got in this year. I think alot of it is being in the right place at the right time. In your year off, try to experience different things, like getting a different job, volunteering, a new hobby. You'll become more cultured and learn more about yourself. I was very down on myself when I didn't get in the first year because, I'm sure like all of you, I used to working my butt off and getting what I want. To me, this year has been somewhat of a humbling experience for me. I learned that I wasn't and don't always have to be the best, something that is important when going into the medical field. Mercer seems to look beyond the grades, considering that a couple of mine were below par. Just be honest with them and yourselves and hopefully everything will work out. I wish everyone who didn't get in the best of luck next year. If this is your dream, don't give up. It will happen for you too. :)

I Am Having A Hard Time To Decide Where I Want To Go To Medical School? Mercer Or Medical College Of Georgia. Do Y'all Think Mercer Has Any Less Prestige Than Mcg? Do You Think It Matters What School I Go To When I Apply For Residency? Is There Any Sort Of Ranking Throughout The 1st 2 Years Or The Last 2 Years Of Rotations?

triciatmd said:
I Am Having A Hard Time To Decide Where I Want To Go To Medical School? Mercer Or Medical College Of Georgia. Do Y'all Think Mercer Has Any Less Prestige Than Mcg? Do You Think It Matters What School I Go To When I Apply For Residency? Is There Any Sort Of Ranking Throughout The 1st 2 Years Or The Last 2 Years Of Rotations?

I would prefer mercer...the first two years are more laid back with the PBL and small class size. It allows for more time for personal things. It is also pass fail so you can gear your studying towards knowing the info for the boards and not memorize trivial facts for test.