Mercy College, SUNY Downstate, Dominican College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ptdpt

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't see much activity on these schools. Has anyone had inteviews, acceptances, etc?

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed and got accepted into Dominican College. I've decided not to attend their program, however. Keep in mind their class sessions are every other weekend only. Also, when you are doing clinicals, you're not allowed to work at all; if you even work a few hours, you risk getting kicked out of the program.

I applied to all three of these schools as well! I didn't get into Dominican (got an email the other day : /) I emailed the admissions director back trying to find out why my application did not meet the criteria, she asked if my GPA met the requirements... I emailed her back, no reply : / as for Mercy when I spoke to student services to ask about application statuses she said she believes they have begun I just have to wait to be contacted for an interview and that my application was complete (I didn't know if she meant my application was complete in terms of me sending everything in or that it was complete in the sense that it was already reviewed?) SUNY, I've been reading other threads and I believe some students have been contacted via email if they've been selected for an interview, I received a letter recently and I believe it is a rejection letter! Too afraid to open it!

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied to all three of these schools as well! I didn't get into Dominican (got an email the other day : /) I emailed the admissions director back trying to find out why my application did not meet the criteria, she asked if my GPA met the requirements... I emailed her back, no reply : / as for Mercy when I spoke to student services to ask about application statuses she said she believes they have begun I just have to wait to be contacted for an interview and that my application was complete (I didn't know if she meant my application was complete in terms of me sending everything in or that it was complete in the sense that it was already reviewed?) SUNY, I've been reading other threads and I believe some students have been contacted via email if they've been selected for an interview, I received a letter recently and I believe it is a rejection letter! Too afraid to open it!

As long as you had a GPA of 3.0 you would have met Dominican's requirements, I believe. Mercy finished their interview process about a week ago.

I did thats the odd thing! Yeah, I called Mercy yesterday asking where they were with applications she said they weren't done yet and won't be until the end of next week. Thanks!

I did thats the odd thing! Yeah, I called Mercy yesterday asking where they were with applications she said they weren't done yet and won't be until the end of next week. Thanks!

Well, I would have told Dominican, "I do meet the requirements and would like feedback."

I guess Mercy extended their interview process because when I interviewed they said that they were finishing up that week. Anyhow, that is good news for you, so cross your fingers. I hope you get called for an interview.

Yeah she never emailed me back! Heard back from Mercy, they couldn't give me a seat ... the letter said "although we were impressed by your credentials and achievements we were unable to offer you admission" , I'm pretty sure that is a standard response for most of the letters lol thats another one checked off my list : / I wish you good luck in school : )