Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Merit Scholarships -Which schools?

Discussion in 'Financial Aid' started by BPShug, Jun 21, 2002.

1. BPShug

BPShug Junior Member

Hi,
    I was just wondering if anybody knew which medical schools give relatively large merit-based scholarships. Particularly SUNY Syracuse and Buffalo. I'm guessing state schools have less to give then private ones, but I was just wondering.
    Thanks

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Olanzapine

Olanzapine Banned
    Banned

Wash U has a number of full tuition merit scholarships.

4. I received full tuition scholarship offers from University of Michigan, University of Pittsburgh, and Mayo (which gives full-tuition scholarships to half of their students, and tuition is very cheap for the rest).

5. paean

paean Senior Member

Case Western does. And Columbia too, but theirs may be only for URMs.

I have a friend who is an amazing applicant. She got into every school she interviewed (and got offered interviews from every school to which she applied). She got scholarship offers from lots of "no merit based scholarships" school, so if you are truely outstanding, many school will bend their normal policies.

6. trouta

trouta Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I would add Finch to that list. I know they offer at least $15000 merit scholarships.