merit scholarships!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brouhaha1

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have heard (not sure if its true) - does one's chance of a merit scholarship increase with applications to more schools? Does a school get to see how many schools or what schools an applicant may have applied to? Perhaps in a chance to lure the applicant to their school (and keep him from going elsewhere), they will will offer (more) money?

THanks so much everyone - BTW this forum rocks... if only I knew of it years ago!!!

Members don't see this ad.

brouhaha1 said:
I have heard (not sure if its true) - does one's chance of a merit scholarship increase with applications to more schools? Does a school get to see how many schools or what schools an applicant may have applied to? Perhaps in a chance to lure the applicant to their school (and keep him from going elsewhere), they will will offer (more) money?

THanks so much everyone - BTW this forum rocks... if only I knew of it years ago!!!

This is not true. Schools can only see where you have been accepted after a certain date... I think May 15. Either way, merit scholarships are few and far between so don't plan on relying on getting one.

ChymeChancellor said:
This is not true. Schools can only see where you have been accepted after a certain date... I think May 15. Either way, merit scholarships are few and far between so don't plan on relying on getting one.

thanks - bump!