merit scholarships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

adesua

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All,
I don't know if this has already been discussed. I was wondering if its pretty common for schools to give merit scholarships that cover all tuition at MD programs (irrespective of citizen/residency status).

If this is not prevalent then could someone please give me some schools that are good with this?

I've heard about Upenn, WashU and Vanderbilt.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

There are only a handful of schools that give full tuition merit scholarship. However, you specifically ask about "irrespective of citizenship/residency". If you are neither a US citizen nor a permanent resident of the united states you will find it extremely difficult (if not impossible) to enter medical school in the US and most US med schools will not only not give you a full tuition scholarship, they will not even be able to give you US federal loans - and will expect you to place the 4 years of tuition upfront in an escrow account. If you are interested in MD/PhD it is a different story - check the MSTP forum for a list of schools friendly to international students. However, that is a long path and requires even more outstanding qualifications and research experience.

Pitt and Emory offer full scholarships. Case Western offers partial scholarships. Wake Forest offers them, but I believe only to NC residents.

Members don't see this ad :)
NJMS offers a full tuition scholarship of about 20k per year.

UMich does too.