messed up on the writing section of mcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

McatGuy22

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys, i took the exam this week and just wanted to know if anyone knew if for the 1st of the essays, if you didn't finish all 3 of tasks, how low of a writing score you can get? i finished the 2nd essay in time (all 3 tasks) but wasn't that great of an essay as well. i know this isn't that important of a section but I'm a little nervous that i wasn't able to even finish the tasks. if anyone know please let me know. thanks

Members don't see this ad.

the essay section of the mcat is not important. All schools care for are the number you got on each section. Wish you well on your results.

Yah do not worry too much about it. The only task i did was rewrite the prompt and make a bunch of crap up. Thought i would of gotten a J ended up with a Q. Grades feel like they are random. And you really turned in a blank page? Ballsy, hope the random thing is right in your case.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm pretty sure I forgot to hit 'Save' even once for the first essay, ooops :p

(Hopefully hitting 'Next' auto-saves it, hehheh).

I'm pretty sure I forgot to hit 'Save' even once for the first essay, ooops :p

(Hopefully hitting 'Next' auto-saves it, hehheh).

You don't need to "save" it. It does that for you if you press next.

The score doesn't matter unless if you get below the average (P). If that is the case, the worse is that you might have to explain why you messed up during your interviews!

I think if you succesfully answer ALL 3 tasks you will get a 4. If you didn't then you don't score higher than a 4 on that essay. I think turning in a blank one is not going to get you much higher than a M or so.

i got two T's on the mcat and all the med schools said was "what happened in verbal reasoning then"..lol