Messed up on transcript years-- AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JoshuaGuit

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was just looking over my AMCAS application (already submitted it yesterday) and realized that I had the wrong years for every spring semester. I could have sworn that I had it correct when I entered it in, but apparently not.

Ie- fall 2009 > spring 2009 > fall 2010 > spring 2010 >fall 2011 > spring 2011 > fall 2012 > spring 2012 instead of fall 2009 > spring 2010 > fall 2010 > spring 2011, etc

Very stupid error on my part. My transcript was sent in last week that shows the correct years, would it be smart to call them and try to correct it or is this a no biggy?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Amcas changed all my terms from semesters to trimesters w/o a problem. They'll probably correct the problem for you without incident.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone,

I was just looking over my AMCAS application (already submitted it yesterday) and realized that I had the wrong years for every spring semester. I could have sworn that I had it correct when I entered it in, but apparently not.

Ie- fall 2009 > spring 2009 > fall 2010 > spring 2010 >fall 2011 > spring 2011 > fall 2012 > spring 2012 instead of fall 2009 > spring 2010 > fall 2010 > spring 2011, etc

Very stupid error on my part. My transcript was sent in last week that shows the correct years, would it be smart to call them and try to correct it or is this a no biggy?

Thanks

Yep AMCAS doesn't care they correct it no issue. They made corrections to my class standing on every entry but 2 of mine without a problem. It is a non issue.

Hi everyone,

Thanks

This is actually the correct way of listing courses on the AMCAS. You probably don't remember reading the instructions. It's very annoying because some secondaries want courses entered this way as well while others don't specify.

Ah you guys are the best, thanks for taking some stress away from my life.

Ah you guys are the best, thanks for taking some stress away from my life.

This is precisely why I have a love-hate relationship with SDN. Despite a lot of neurotic pessimism and trolling there are plenty of examples of good advice and people looking to help others. Now that I think about it, more love than hate actually.

This is precisely why I have a love-hate relationship with SDN. Despite a lot of neurotic pessimism and trolling there are plenty of examples of good advice and people looking to help others. Now that I think about it, more love than hate actually.

Don't get me wrong, I would absolutely hate my life in med school if it is full of the typical SDN'er lol. It just would not be enjoyable. On the other hand, however, there are some pretty cool people here that I would not mind having a drink or hanging out with :)