Messed up Radioactive Decay question on DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phraud

Yes thats me on a unicorn
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to give some advice.

I took the DAT on Aug 6th, and got that infamous decay questions that didn't display properly. I barely remember what it looked like, but I remember it giving you a starting element, and asking you what the end element would be.

Even though the numbers displayed didn't make any sense, I think just from the fact that they tell you the starting element, and what kind of decay it goes under, you can figure out that the end product can be only one element.

Don't waste time trying to decipher the numbers, and just try to eliminate answers. I hope this helps a little.

Members don't see this ad.

I just wanted to give some advice.

I took the DAT on Aug 6th, and got that infamous decay questions that didn't display properly. I barely remember what it looked like, but I remember it giving you a starting element, and asking you what the end element would be.

Even though the numbers displayed didn't make any sense, I think just from the fact that they tell you the starting element, and what kind of decay it goes under, you can figure out that the end product can be only one element.

Don't waste time trying to decipher the numbers, and just try to eliminate answers. I hope this helps a little.

Actually, it is not that simple. The answer could differ depending on the coefficients of each elements. Most likely, the coefficients (stoicheometry constant) were part of the messed up numbers.

Actually, it is not that simple. The answer could differ depending on the coefficients of each elements. Most likely, the coefficients (stoicheometry constant) were part of the messed up numbers.

yahhh i spent a lot of time on this problem tryin to figure out how many protons and neutrons there were and junk... stupid of me..

Members don't see this ad :)
Has everyone been selecting C for this or something? Maybe someone else try other letter and see what they get on final outcome. I dread the idea of "retaking"

So without giving away the question or answer....was anyone able to figure out what the question said?

So if I get this question on the test...am I going to have to just skip it and move on??

So without giving away the question or answer....was anyone able to figure out what the question said?

So if I get this question on the test...am I going to have to just skip it and move on??

I would just randomly guess an answer and move on. People say that problem isn't actually calculated to your score.

yeah, I am pretty sure I got that problem too and was totally confused about the format of the problem.

hey guys.. i heard sum of the bio questions aren't calculated in the average for bio? can anyone confirm this please...is this also true for all sections to particular bio and gchem? I hope this is also true for qr..my weakest subject..anyway please someone get to me about that..and good luck studying to all?