Messed Up

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

triplerox

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I messed up. First quarter of freshmen year is ending and my grades arent looking too good. If all went way, I will get an A in chem which is no problem...but my math and my econ class are in terrible shape. I'd be lucky if i pull off a B- in math or econ. Is this bad guys? I feel terrible. My dream school is ucsf too. I feel like im crushed...

Members don't see this ad.

god forbid u get a B! if you get a B u'll NEVER EVER get into med school again. you SHOULD feel crushed, because if u get a B, then EVERYONE that has a 4.0 will CRUSH YOU and get into med school :)

/end rant

god forbid u get a B! if you get a B u'll NEVER EVER get into med school again. you SHOULD feel crushed, because if u get a B, then EVERYONE that has a 4.0 will CRUSH YOU and get into med school :)

/end rant

Hey I hate these threads too but this guy is obviously seriously worried.

OP an A with a few B-'s is not a great start, but it is a start that you can improve upon. Get good grades from here on in and you still have a shot, even at UCSF.

/end rant

If you had bothered to actually read the post instead of going off on your little rant, you would have realized he said he'd be lucky to get a B-. He wasn't complaining about the B, but was saying he thinks he'll get C's in both classes.

To the OP, freshman year doesn't matter as much as sophomore and junior year. Does it matter? Absolutely. But a few C's can be explained as getting adjusted to college and realizing how different your approach to studying needs to be from high school. Just get A's and B's (more A's than B's) from here on out and you should be fine.