Program-Specific Info / Q's Messiah College MOT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

otprosp0308

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I was wondering if anyone is in the Messiah College MOT program? If so, how do you like it? What kind of strengths do you think the program has? And, any insight? I am a prospective student!
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hello everyone!
I was wondering if anyone is in the Messiah College MOT program? If so, how do you like it? What kind of strengths do you think the program has? And, any insight? I am a prospective student!
Thanks!
Hey I applied to their program but my application is on hold for gre. Did you get an interview?

Reactions: 1 user
Hey I applied to their program but my application is on hold for gre. Did you get an interview?

Hey gal18,

I had my interview on Nov. 9th. I think as long your application is validated before November 1st; you should be okay. I don't know too much, and I suggest calling the OT admission office about your situation. They are very friendly.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey jiunan even Chen

How was your interview? My interview was on the 6th, n yeah they are super friendly. Is messiah your first choice?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Who got the message today. Decision was sent out today.

Congrats!!! What other programs you have got accepted to?

Congrats!!! What other programs you have got accepted to?
just one, but this program would be my top pick for the sake of affordable tuition. I have attended 4 interviews so far, but have to decline the other 3 interview invitations at Chatham(12/8),UNE(12/10),and Brenau(1/18).

Last edited:
just one, but this program would be my top pick for the sake of affordable tuition. I have attended 4 interviews so far, but have to decline the other 3 interview invitations at Chatham(12/8),UNE(12/10),and Brenau(1/18).
Yes! I agree!! Funny thing, I was invited interview at Chatham(12/8) and Brenau(1/18). However, I don't think I am going to Brenau because it is way too far for me.

Hi just curious who will be attending Messiah for Fall 2019? I am accepted to 3 schools and really like Messiah but am nervous about the lack of accredidation. Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi just curious who will be attending Messiah for Fall 2019? I am accepted to 3 schools and really like Messiah but am nervous about the lack of accredidation. Thoughts?

Messiah MOT program has recently hired Paula Kramer as the Interim Program Director. She received the prestigious Award of Merit, the highest award given by the American Occupational Therapy Association. She is part of the Fellow (FAOTA) of the AOTA for her service and scholarly contributions to the profession in the area of pediatrics. Also, I believe she is part of the chair of ACOTE. I have a lot of faith that Messiah MOT program would get the full accreditation.
Faculty | Messiah, a private Christian College in PA
100 Influential People in Occupational Therapy: Paula Kramer, PhD, OT, FAOTA

Yes! I agree!! Funny thing, I was invited interview at Chatham(12/8) and Brenau(1/18). However, I don't think I am going to Brenau because it is way too far for me.
Are you going to attend at Messiah program?
For me, I will definitely go with it.

Is there a facebook page for our cohort yet? I would like to start my hunt for good housing/roommates haha

Hii!
Congrats to those who got accepted! I got accepted into the program as well! Do you guys know when they sent out the facebook email?

Hii!
Congrats to those who got accepted! I got accepted into the program as well! Do you guys know when they sent out the facebook email?
For me it's around January 3rd!

Hii!
I believe they sent out the fb invite through your email as soon as you pay the deposit for the program.

I got accepted into this program and am considering it! Comment down below if you were accepted to Messiah, and why it is your top choice!

Hi Guys! Would you be able to share your stats for those accepted into this program?

Hi Guys! Would you be able to share your stats for those accepted into this program?

Hello. I had some pre-OT courses originally in undergrad and I graduated with a health sciences degree. I also had 50+ observation hours under an occupational therapist in different settings (pediatrics, rehabilitation). The schools I applied to all required the GRE and I was accepted into those schools, so taking it and meeting the math and language requirements is a must! I actually got waitlisted to this program but then accepted. I hope this helps :)

I got accepted into this program and am considering it! Comment down below if you were accepted to Messiah, and why it is your top choice!
Hi! I’ve just been accepted. Debating on accepting the offer due to distance etc! Are you going to account the offer? And how’s that roommate hunt going?