method for reviewing pharm during MSII 2nd semester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Igor4sugry

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out the most efficient way to review pharm during the next 3 months prior to boards. I want to spend 1-1.5 hours each day on this.

My classes were all over the place on pharm and so I need a clear path to use my time well.

I have been thinking of the following:
[1] Going through FA and making flash cards for all the drugs there
OR
[2] Using Brenner flash cards (http://www.amazon.com/Pharmacology-...=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1264544046&sr=8-3)
OR
[3] Using some other cards/books (what else is there thats good)?

What have some of you 3rd/4th years used, or what are some of the 2nd years doing?

Members don't see this ad.

2nd year here:

I've been reviewing pharm charts that my classmates make, I use Lange Pharm flash cards, and I have also been using FA and mini-Katzung for reference to make sure the info on the charts are relevant and not a boat load of minuscule crap.

Also, PreTest Pharm is a good question source for questions.

I'm trying to figure out the most efficient way to review pharm during the next 3 months prior to boards. I want to spend 1-1.5 hours each day on this.

My classes were all over the place on pharm and so I need a clear path to use my time well.

I have been thinking of the following:
[1] Going through FA and making flash cards for all the drugs there
OR
[2] Using Brenner flash cards (http://www.amazon.com/Pharmacology-...=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1264544046&sr=8-3)
OR
[3] Using some other cards/books (what else is there thats good)?

What have some of you 3rd/4th years used, or what are some of the 2nd years doing?
I am supplementing FA with the drugs we are presented during lecture that are not on FA or for which FA does not list basic MOA and AEs/contraindications or significant facts.

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha I hate SDN. I get anxiety attacks every time I read how much board studying most people on here are already doing.

I had planned to be ahead of the game. But so far I feel wayyyy behind.

other than our (miserable) pharm lectures, I supplement with First Aid and Lange. I like the vignette's you see in Lange.

2nd year here:

I've been reviewing pharm charts that my classmates make, I use Lange Pharm flash cards, and I have also been using FA and mini-Katzung for reference to make sure the info on the charts are relevant and not a boat load of minuscule crap.

Also, PreTest Pharm is a good question source for questions.
oh that's right, mini-katzung as well as pre-test pharm...both are amazing amazing resources. I supplement lecture slides/transcripts with mini-kat. Good questions at the end of each chapter. Pre-test pharm is great NBME/board prep.