method of withdrawal

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

callmedonnie

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
im sure this is probably gonna come off a bit snobby, but how are most ppl sending withdrawals??

email, letter, phone call?

a couple sentences, big story?

painless and non-confrontational as possible is the goal here

thx to all

Members don't see this ad.

Haha..I have such a dirty mind....

Anyways, I mostly sent in my withdrawals via a short email. Just something like "after careful consideration, I'm afraid I must decline my acceptance from X-school. Thank you so much for your time and consideration."

Email --> easy, efficient, free

I just say:

"Thank you for the opportunity to attend X, but I have decided to attend medical school elsewhere and as such would like to officially withdrawal my acceptance from X.

Please send my deposit to: Y Address

Please confirm with a response

Thanks,
Name
AMCAS"

Members don't see this ad :)

I just say:

"Thank you for the opportunity to attend X, but I have decided to attend medical school elsewhere and as such would like to officially withdrawal my acceptance from X.

Thanks,
Name
AMCAS"

Nice. People ask this a lot, but keep it short and sweet. Schools don't take it personally, they probably get at least a hundred.

i sent a letter US mail. now i'm wondering if maybe i should follow up with an email :)

anyway, it went something like this:

RE: Offer of Admission

Members of the Committee on Admissions,

After careful consideration, I have made the difficult decision to decline your offer of admission to the ________________ entering class of 2008. I thank you for your efforts and attention throughout this difficult process.

Sincerely,

nu2004
AMCAS ID# 12345678

I just say:

Thanks,
Name
AMCAS"

I did something along these lines. The schools I withdrew from seemed to be ok with e-mail, and I got my deposits back. yay!

With e-mail, you also have a record proving that you withdrew should May 15th roll around and AMCAS says you have multiple acceptances still.

I did something along these lines. The schools I withdrew from seemed to be ok with e-mail, and I got my deposits back. yay!

With e-mail, you also have a record proving that you withdrew should May 15th roll around and AMCAS says you have multiple acceptances still.

this is why i liked email all along

thx

Just make sure the email goes through. For some reason, a couple that I sent didn't get through to the office, so be sure you get some sort of confirmation from the school. I eventually called and resent emails.

I just say:

Thanks,
Name
AMCAS"

*stealing*