metro health rush....???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jgl1980

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was looking at this program and I have heard people talking about avoiding this program. I was wondering if some one could tell me what they know about it. Good or bad. Thank you for the input.

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry I meant Metro Health Case Western

This is 4-5 year old information, but I was thinking of interviewing there years ago especially due to the international health focus area they had available, but then I started hearing bad things. Mainly I heard that is wasn't very strong academically...as I remember I looked up their ABIM board exam pass rate too and that was low, so that kind of scared me off. Also I met someone who I'm pretty sure did a prelim medicine year in Cleveland, I think it was @metrohealth, and she didn't like it...but that's all nonspecific rumors.
You may want to look up the board pass rate on the ABIM exam though...really should be well over 90% or it's below average...most of the strong IM programs have 95% or better board pass rates...if not that suggests either academically weak house staff and/or not good teaching.

Members don't see this ad :)
the fellowship match rates are not terribly competitive . sorry guys. avoid this one for now unless you are gunning to be a hospitalist.

Avoid the program. Low board pass rate due to poor teaching and heavy reliance on residents for service. Program is very malignant and continues to get worse. Residents get fired (or contracts not renewed) on an annual basis. There are some good staff, but unfortunately they have no say in the program and their impact is minimal.

recently interviewed here, heard chairman pimped applicant (do not rank sign!!!)

Avoid the program. Low board pass rate due to poor teaching and heavy reliance on residents for service. Program is very malignant and continues to get worse. Residents get fired (or contracts not renewed) on an annual basis. There are some good staff, but unfortunately they have no say in the program and their impact is minimal.

the board pass rate according to abim is 92%, has this changed in the last year?

Please expand on this. I thought their schedule and no night floats, just night shift, was pretty good. The morning of your night shift is off and the day after your night shift is off. Is that true?

Isn't the patient load usually 5-7 pts per intern, or is that just on paper?

How are the fellowship positions at Metro?

Hey MetroHealthCLE...you sound a bit bitter! Haha were you one of the people who didn't get their contract renewed? If so that sucks!