MetroHealth and Akron Psych Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FranzLO

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know very little about these programs. I will probably post after interviewing but I was wondering if anyone was familiar with them and could inform me a little on them. I want to stay in the Ohio area or at least states close by but if I feel attached to NE Ohio I wanted to also consider these two.

Members don't see this ad.

I know very little about these programs. I will probably post after interviewing but I was wondering if anyone was familiar with them and could inform me a little on them. I want to stay in the Ohio area or at least states close by but if I feel attached to NE Ohio I wanted to also consider these two.

Hi! Did you interview at MetroHealth yet? If so, what was your interview day like?

Metro is literally 100% Indian/brown people from their website

Members don't see this ad :)
Metro is literally 100% Indian/brown people from their website

So you're saying it must be a great program?

*Language edited

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
You don't think it's relevant to know a program is 100% FMG prior to going there?
Ok but FMG does not equal “brown/Indian people”. Holy crap. Get yourself together meng.

Reactions: 1 users
Ok but FMG does not equal “brown/Indian people”. Holy crap. Get yourself together meng.

That's what I meant obviously who cares if theyre Indian otherwise. Stop being so sensitive it's the ****ing internet...

That's what I meant obviously who cares if theyre Indian otherwise. Stop being so sensitive it's the ****ing internet...

That's not what your original post said. You're deflecting. I'd hate to have someone like you in my residency program.

It wasn’t obvious at all. You feeling the need to ignorantly categorize a group of medical graduates says more about your sensitivity than mine.

That's not what your original post said. You're deflecting. I'd hate to have someone like you in my residency program.

It wasn’t obvious at all. You feeling the need to ignorantly categorize a group of medical graduates says more about your sensitivity than mine.

LOL...please cry me a river because someone on the internet may have made an ambiguously racist remark...America being tired of your extreme sensitivity is one of the reasons trump was elected. You should introspect and maybe reevaluate how sensitive you are to the world around you. I will perhaps be more prudent in choosing my words moving forward as well.

LOL...please cry me a river because someone on the internet may have made an ambiguously racist remark...America being tired of your extreme sensitivity is one of the reasons trump was elected. You should introspect and maybe reevaluate how sensitive you are to the world around you. I will perhaps be more prudent in choosing my words moving forward as well.

If anything, it is you who is overly sensitive. You're taking a defensive stance and bringing up politics to weasel out of taking personal responsibility for your actions.

To bring it back to the point of this thread, how does racial and ethnic makeup of Metrohealth impact the quality of its training?

If anything, it is you who is overly sensitive. You're taking a defensive stance and bringing up politics to weasel out of taking personal responsibility for your actions.

To bring it back to the point of this thread, how does racial and ethnic makeup of Metrohealth impact the quality of its training?

Are you seriously so obtuse as to not understand that to some people it matters whether their entire class is white or brown or female? I wouldn't want to go to a program with 100 percent females or 100 percent Indians or whatever. Some people like diversity so it is very obvious that the makeup of a program is essential in ones decision to go there. Are you going to call me sexist for not wanting to go to a 100 percent female program? Go right ahead but I'm shocked that you're a purported psychiatrist but you seem to think pretty superficially about things.

Last edited:
Someone close this thread.
There must be a Godwin's Law 2.0 that applies when Trump gets brought up in a non-political thread...
Are you suggesting Trump is equivalent to Hitler?

Thread's already off the rails, might as well say it.

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.