MFT Grads and Career Options

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kikistar33

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be graduating in a year with a Counseling Psychology degree and as of now I do not want to practice therapy. I have recently become interested in becoming a family court mediator. I am wondering if anyone knows anything about becoming a mediator and what the job outlook is like.

I can not see myself practicing therapy; however, I would like a career working with children and families.

Any suggestions or input from anyone would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I will be graduating in a year with a Counseling Psychology degree and as of now I do not want to practice therapy. I have recently become interested in becoming a family court mediator. I am wondering if anyone knows anything about becoming a mediator and what the job outlook is like.

I can not see myself practicing therapy; however, I would like a career working with children and families.

Any suggestions or input from anyone would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Have you considered going for your MSW? You can definitely work with children and families, and there is a definite need in Child Welfare.