Program-Specific Info / Q's MGH 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Husky19

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Just got my acceptance to MGH! I was wondering if anyone else got their decisions and if anyone heard about scholarship information? I forgot what they said at the interview, but I didn’t get anything in the acceptance email. But, I think I’m going to put down a deposit there; I really liked there program! Let me know everyone else’s thoughts below!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone! Just got my acceptance to MGH! I was wondering if anyone else got their decisions and if anyone heard about scholarship information? I forgot what they said at the interview, but I didn’t get anything in the acceptance email. But, I think I’m going to put down a deposit there; I really liked there program! Let me know everyone else’s thoughts below!
Congrats!! I was accepted today too! My email said that I was awarded a scholarship but that the information about it will be sent by the office of financial aid in a few days. I really loved the program when I visited, MGH is definitely one of my top choices.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you guys end up accepting your spot?
I didn’t! In the end, I just couldn’t justify the cost of going there PLUS the very high cost of living in Boston. I was also accepted to Wash U, which is the top school, and it’s pretty cheap to live in St. Louis, so I’ll be going there!

Does the fact MGH is a new program make any of your nervous?

Does the fact MGH is a new program make any of your nervous?
I don't think so! The school itself is highly ranked (#8 for PT) and well connected. Their first graduating class had 100% pass rate and graduation rate, and all the professors seem amazing! They're also already accredited while most new doctorate programs are not.

Reactions: 1 user
One of the girls from our cohort made a facebook page! It's MGH IHP OTD Class of 2022

I’m accepted as well! I’m from NYC and yes the costs are a lot but for me i think it’ll be worth going. Can’t wait to meet you all :)

Reactions: 1 user
hey everyone! My name is Ariel and i'm just sharing about an apartment in East Boston (great location, commute, and rent) that some current third year MGH OTD students are subletting to new students. We are looking for two more girls to join us (4 roommates, 4 bedrooms total) - if you're interested feel free to send me a message for more info!

Hello! Did anyone else apply to this school this cycle (2019-2020)? I was wondering if anyone heard back, or what the timeline is potentially going to look like.

I got an email last week with my interview date which I accepted. Im just nervous cause im coming from California

MGH is great! I got in last year off the waitlist but didn’t accept because I decided to take the year off! I will be going to the Dec interview again this year and I highly suggest visiting!!