Mgh and Brigham anesth. interviews??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

navs

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just wanted to know how the interviews for anesth. at these two places are like?? Are they benign or do they ask medical/anesth. stuff??

Just wanted to be prepared in case they are hardcore.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Navs,

Usually only really low programs woul do that. I do not think MGH or other Harvard affil. fall into that category. I would be cool about that. Sorry for not being able to give you more direct information.

Noticed you've been around for interviews and know some other things too, what do you think of Med Coll. of Wisconsin and Boston Univ.? Thanks.

Originally posted by Jubal:
•Navs,

Usually only really low programs woul do that. I do not think MGH or other Harvard affil. fall into that category.

•••

This is definitely what I experienced as well. The crappy programs were always the ones asking the medical questions. Harvard programs will not do any of that BS because you wouldn't be interviewing if they questioned your medical knowledge. That's the reason we send our USMLEs, transcripts, and LORs to begin with. It actually pisses me off when they do that type of crap.

Hey Jubal,

I'm not that knowledgeable otherwise I guess I wouldn't be here asking everybody else, right??

I am interviewing for anesth., but as a FMG I don't have a lot of resources to find out the quality of programs.

I am doing a 1 yr. research fellow up here in Boston and get a lot of direction from my boss.

Most in academic anesthesia (which are the good programs) have HIGH Regard for the MCW program headed up by John Kampine. He is very well respected and so is his department, I think because they are so research driven.