Mgh and Brigham anesth. interviews??

Discussion in 'Clinical Rotations' started by navs, Dec 12, 2001.

1. navs

navs Member
    10+ Year Member

Hey guys,

Just wanted to know how the interviews for anesth. at these two places are like?? Are they benign or do they ask medical/anesth. stuff??

Just wanted to be prepared in case they are hardcore.

Thanks.

2. Jubal

Jubal Member
    7+ Year Member

Navs,

Usually only really low programs woul do that. I do not think MGH or other Harvard affil. fall into that category. I would be cool about that. Sorry for not being able to give you more direct information.

Noticed you've been around for interviews and know some other things too, what do you think of Med Coll. of Wisconsin and Boston Univ.? Thanks.

4. navs

navs Member
    10+ Year Member

Hey Jubal,

I'm not that knowledgeable otherwise I guess I wouldn't be here asking everybody else, right??

I am interviewing for anesth., but as a FMG I don't have a lot of resources to find out the quality of programs.

I am doing a 1 yr. research fellow up here in Boston and get a lot of direction from my boss.

Most in academic anesthesia (which are the good programs) have HIGH Regard for the MCW program headed up by John Kampine. He is very well respected and so is his department, I think because they are so research driven.