1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

MGH Summer Internship

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by BobbyDylanFan, Dec 9, 2002.

1. BobbyDylanFan

BobbyDylanFan Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I was just wondering if anyone on this board participated in the MGH summer internship program during the summer of 2001. PM me if you did. For those that haven't and can travel to boston for the summer or are in the boston area, I highly recommend it! It was a great experience.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. whats MGH? tell me more!

4. BobbyDylanFan

7+ Year Member

Massachusetts General Hospital, consistently ranked among america's best hospital. They offer an internship program to undergrads where you can do clinical research or bench research. When I was in it you really had no say of who you wanted to work with (some people may have been matched through their essays, but i don't know) but I was paired with an orthopedic surgeon. I shadowed him in clinic and in the OR. In return, I helped recruit patients for his study and also did some other types of small jobs for him. It was a good experience....apply! I was thinking someone from my "class" would be on here but maybe not!

5. Thanks!
    *cough* now if only i can get more information on how to apply *cough*

6. BobbyDylanFan

7+ Year Member

Okay. so here is A link but it is not the same program that I was in. I can't seem to find the link to the Partners Summer Intership Program (Partners is the umbrella organization MGH is a part of). Maybe they did away with it, but I'm not sure. Go online and go to partners.org and get the phone number of Suzanne Culver who was in charge of the program when I was in it and ask her what's up. She might be able to send you a packet detailing the program. Good luck girl!

http://www.mgh.harvard.edu/mao/srtp.html

7. BobbyDylanFan

7+ Year Member

*cough* did you call and find out? *cough* :)

8. hehehe i am not a US citizen or resident;)