Mgh

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RainerMaria

Most days and
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wondering if any interns, residents, or even sub-I's could comment on culture at MGH. My sense is that it used to be seen as a meaner, tougher version of BWH, but has that changed at all? Also any general comments would be helpful. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

For anyone with an invite from mgh, are there still any openings on interview broker, or doesit look like they're done inviting?

To echo harate09, has anyone gotten an invite to JUST the categorical program? I.e., not to categorical + a primary care track.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
For anyone with an invite from mgh, are there still any openings on interview broker, or doesit look like they're done inviting?

November 7th is the only date that is open. The last date is Jan 23rd which is full. Maybe they will send a couple more invites out to fill November 7th?

To echo harate09, has anyone gotten an invite to JUST the categorical program? I.e., not to categorical + a primary care track.

Thanks!

My invite was just for categorical. Didn't apply for PC.

I also know someone with a categorical only invite.

categorical only. I'm pretty they sent a single bolus wave of interviews.

Were you all offered all of these interview dates listed below? These are copied and pasted from the website. In another thread, someone had posted choices which seems to only include a few of the options below. I did not receive an invite this week and am obviously hoping there are more coming...

November

• Wednesday, 11/7/12
  • Friday, 11/9/12
  • Monday, 11/12/12 – PC
  • Tuesday, 11/13/12
  • Friday, 11/16/12
  • Monday, 11/26/12 – PC
  • Tuesday, 11/27/12
  • Friday, 11/30/12

December

• Wednesday, 12/5/12
  • Friday, 12/7/12
  • Monday, 12/10/12 – PC
  • Tuesday, 12/11/12
  • Friday, 12/14/12
  • Monday, 12/17/12 – PC
  • Tuesday, 12/18/12
  • Friday, 12/21/12

January

• Friday, 1/4/13
  • Wednesday, 1/9/13
  • Friday, 1/11/13
  • Monday, 1/14/13 – PC
  • Tuesday, 1/15/13
  • Friday, 1/18/13
  • Wednesday, 1/23/13

Yes. Apparently, others have recieved invites for catogorical for Tuesdays/Wednesdays/Fridays.

Wondering if any interns, residents, or even sub-I's could comment on culture at MGH. My sense is that it used to be seen as a meaner, tougher version of BWH, but has that changed at all? Also any general comments would be helpful. Thanks.

Bump. It seems that this thread got highjacked and the OP was never answered.

I would liked to bump this thread again because the original question was never answered. Thanks for any comments about the culture at MGH.