MHA Tulane vs Upitt vs MPH HPM at SLU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aqualgirl2307

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can someone please help me? I am waitlisted at UMinn for MHA, and I got accepted to UPITT and the MPH HPM program at SLU and I'm still waiting for Tulane's MHA program to respond. I'm new to the MHA/MPH scene and I wanted some advice on the programs. Any help will be appreciated! Thank You so much

Members don't see this ad.

Please anybody? I got an acceptance from Tulane also

It depends on your financial situation. I will say that UPitt has a pretty marketable offering where you can be an MHA student and get a certificate in health system engineering through their school of engineering while you're completing your masters. If you're interested in health system operations and process improvement that's a unique offering I have not seen anywhere else (though there is the potential that another school has it of course). I don't know too much about SLU, however Tulane is a great program, especially for tropical medicine in public health. Their MHA curriculum looks pretty solid in my opinion and the program has been around since the early 70s, so you know it's well established. Best of luck with your decision!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for replying!!! Tuition isn't a factor for me. I want to go to a school which will give me better job prospects. I have a medical degree from india but i decided to not pursue it here in the states, so engineering is out of the question. My interest is in consulting and I want to go to the school that would help me get into that career path. SLU is ranked 9 while Tulane is ranked 25. The MPH HMP curriculum at SLU is the same as its MHA curriculum and is tought by the same teachers and they share classes with the MHA students also.

Hi
I am joinin Uni of Pitts for MHA. I guess they have a better placement record and good external relations too. I am also from India MBBS & MS........ I got waitlisted in Tulane but i decided and went with Univ of Pitts.........Rest i guess Tulanes MPH program is a very good program ( Tropical Medicine).

Thank you for replying!!! Tuition isn't a factor for me. I want to go to a school which will give me better job prospects. I have a medical degree from india but i decided to not pursue it here in the states, so engineering is out of the question. My interest is in consulting and I want to go to the school that would help me get into that career path. SLU is ranked 9 while Tulane is ranked 25. The MPH HMP curriculum at SLU is the same as its MHA curriculum and is tought by the same teachers and they share classes with the MHA students also.

Networking is going to be your best bet for consulting. Go to a school that has a lot of consulting offices nearby so you can easily try and communicate and find opportunities within those companies. This will generally be bigger cities.