Quantcast

MHSA/MHA/MPH Chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ahmadad

Reaction score
Hey everyone!
New to this forum and figured I'd pick your brain on chances of getting accepted at Michigan, Minnesota, Cornell, UCLA, OSU, Indiana, and Rush /other schools you would recommend...
I graduated with a BBA in Management in 2009, I've been working for the past year as a Welfare Case Manager for a state government dealing primarily with administrating with SNAP, TANF and Medicaid, I am currently working for an insurance company working in policy development. I'm very interested in minority health disparities and its affect on health care management.
Problem is I don't know my chances of getting in to those schools above with the stats I have
GPA: 2.92 (I didn't have a good Freshman year and an average Junior year due to accounting courses and calc, I did well in Stats, Finance and Econ my Senior year)
GMAT score: 570 (I scored horrible on my first exam)
Active campus leader, held 3 leadership roles in college
3 solid recommendations discussing leadership potential (2 employers, 1 professor)
1.5 years of Work Experience
Extensive volunteer experience during college
Multilingual

What are my chances of getting into those schools? What do you think I should focus on in letter of intent? Should I retake the GMAT or take the GRE?
I would greatly appreciate if you all can help me out! Can you guys please help me out here?

Last edited: