MIAMI decisions today

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jackson123

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone remember what time Dr. Hinkley said he would be emailing decisions today?

Members don't see this ad.

can you check your status online for U of M? Every time i sign in, it directs me to a page showing that they have received my money and that is all.

has anyone from OOS had any luck with interviews?

What page is that? I didn't even know you could check your status online! I thought they were adding that feature next year.

Members don't see this ad :)
He said the meetings were this afternoon and then he would either email us right after the adcom meeting at 6pm Eastern...or about there....or tomorrow morning when he got to the office if he had another committment tonight...

It is hard for me to be patient until then...but I am trying not to think about it! :confused:

O.k. Thanks

He said the meetings were this afternoon and then he would either email us right after the adcom meeting at 6pm Eastern...or about there....or tomorrow morning when he got to the office if he had another committment tonight...

It is hard for me to be patient until then...but I am trying not to think about it! :confused:

Nothing yet! Nervous nervous over here .. now off to work ugh

I must say I am a fan of your signature....Flight of the Conchords is a hilarious show!

And I am still waiting for that lovely email...

I've decided I am going to be patient for the day and hope for some news....but if nothing comes I plan on calling them tomorrow morning...but if anyone hears something please let us all know!

When I got accepted to Boca, my interviewer called my house before I received an email. I hope this doesn't make you get OCD about checking your phone for voice messages or missed calls. Good Luck.

Just a heads up to those wondering - I got an acceptance via email this morning. No phone call as far as I'm aware (Miami campus).

Good luck!

Just a heads up to those wondering - I got an acceptance via email this morning. No phone call as far as I'm aware (Miami campus).

Good luck!

If you wouldn't mind saying when did you interview? Was it for MD-PHD program?

I just sent them an email to ask them about my status...I will post here if I get anything back from them...

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed the same day as you, and haven't yet heard back.

I've decided I am going to be patient for the day and hope for some news....but if nothing comes I plan on calling them tomorrow morning...but if anyone hears something please let us all know!

If you wouldn't mind saying when did you interview? Was it for MD-PHD program?

I just sent them an email to ask them about my status...I will post here if I get anything back from them...

I interviewed in early January, and it was for the MD-PhD program (but they haven't made decisions yet).

That place owned. Jackson Memorial = sweet, their neuroscience research = amazing.

O.K., I just called. Decisions will be emailed out either tomorrow morning or Monday. They told me it depends on whether Dr. Hinkley comes in tomorrow, as he is recovering from sickness.

I interviewed in early January, and it was for the MD-PhD program (but they haven't made decisions yet).

That place owned. Jackson Memorial = sweet, their neuroscience research = amazing.

Well now I'm perplexed - why did I get an email (from Dr. Hinkley)?

Oh well, best not to question it I guess...

Well now I'm perplexed - why did I get an email (from Dr. Hinkley)?

Oh well, best not to question it I guess...

Maybe he got sick at work and only had time to send one email out before he headed home...and it was yours!!!!

Congrats by the way...and I guess I will keep on waiting! When I interviewed I loved the med school and if I get in I will probably attend...that is why waiting sucks so much!

O.K., I just called. Decisions will be emailed out either tomorrow morning or Monday. They told me it depends on whether Dr. Hinkley comes in tomorrow, as he is recovering from sickness.

Thanks for calling!!! I guess the wait continues :scared::confused::eek::laugh:

did anyone who interviewed on jan 14th hear back?

did anyone who interviewed on jan 14th hear back?

I called them yesterday...and the school told me if we didn't get an email from Dr. Hinkley yet then they did not get to our file at the last adcom meeting.

She said they would most likely get to ours at the next meeting...Feb. 13th....so we have to wait until then...like before either 13th pm or 14th am...

Could make for a great/Shi**y Valentines day!!! :love::mad:

still nothing!

I called them yesterday...and the school told me if we didn't get an email from Dr. Hinkley yet then they did not get to our file at the last adcom meeting.

She said they would most likely get to ours at the next meeting...Feb. 13th....so we have to wait until then...like before either 13th pm or 14th am...

Could make for a great/Shi**y Valentines day!!! :love::mad:

I'm still waiting as well...If I don't get anything this morning I am going to call early afternoon and see what the deal is...I am tired of the rollercoaster ride they are sending us on...

So I got tired of waiting for the email and having a near heart attack whenever I got a new email...so I called

I was told Dr. Hinkley hasn't had the opportunity to send out emails yet and he will do that later today (afternoon) or tomorrow...so really I wasn't told anything excetp keep WAITING......

:luck::luck::luck: Good luck, all :luck::luck::luck:

:laugh: Based on your post times, I called probably within 30 minutes with the exact same question.

They told me the exact same thing as well....still waiting, I'll let you all know when I hear anything, good luck :luck:

So I got tired of waiting for the email and having a near heart attack whenever I got a new email...so I called

I was told Dr. Hinkley hasn't had the opportunity to send out emails yet and he will do that later today (afternoon) or tomorrow...so really I wasn't told anything excetp keep WAITING......

I must say I am a fan of your signature....Flight of the Conchords is a hilarious show!

And I am still waiting for that lovely email...

anyone else out there waiting to hear about interview/reject at Miami? I sure wish I could get an interview, but are they still conducting them? Or do they just not tell you anything and you must assume you're rejected by about June? ugh. Just wondering if anyone out there interviewed recently... maybe some hope still for my app.

thanks, tejal

I doubt it is Dr. Hinkley's fault at all.. there are a lot of committee members and sometimes things come up that cause them to postpone the meetings/decisions.. and Hinkley has no control over that. I do applaud you guys though, if I was still waiting I would have probably gone insane aleady :scared:.

I called today and was told that Dr. Hinkley still hadn't sent out the emails. He might do it today or early next week. So baiscally he'll get to it when he gets to it. +pissed+

I doubt it is Dr. Hinkley's fault at all.. there are a lot of committee members and sometimes things come up that cause them to postpone the meetings/decisions.. and Hinkley has no control over that. I do applaud you guys though, if I was still waiting I would have probably gone insane aleady :scared:.

Don't worry I know at least I am already going insane...O well I guess I just need to practice my patients, even though I hate waiting! :confused::eek:

Usually Dr. Hinkley is right on the mark on the date he announces. The two times I applied to UM I got it the exact date he said. But this is a really heavy part of the year and sometimes they run behind with apps.

I called today and was told that Dr. Hinkley still hadn't sent out the emails. He might do it today or early next week. So baiscally he'll get to it when he gets to it. +pissed+

ditto.....

yesterday - Dr. Hinkley has been very busy with meetings so he'll email them first thing tomorrow morning......

today - "they should be emailed early next week"

sigh.... dunno how im gonna get by this weekend!

UM has classes today but adcom office has the day off? Lame.

Got the email yesterday...waitlist. But that doesn't apply to the Boca Raton campus. I called today and it might be a few weeks before they send their decisions.

Got the email yesterday...waitlist. But that doesn't apply to the Boca Raton campus. I called today and it might be a few weeks before they send their decisions.

Sorry to hear that but hey, the waitlist does move pretty far. I still haven't heard anything.

I suuuuure hope they send their acceptances last.

I was supposed to receive a decision on Jan 16th from an interview in December. Anybody else in my boat? Seems like everyone on this thread was supposed to hear on the 31st. I hope we hear something tonight! Good luck everybody.

I've called the admissions office many times and they keep telling me in the evening, or tomorrow, or early next week. Has anyone else tried calling them? Would the secretaries be able to tell you your status? I seriously thought about asking the secretary today (Agnes?) if she knew what my status was.

Interviewed 1-18, suppose to hear back 2-13. Apparently, some of you have been in this boat way longer than I have, sorry to hear that.

When I asked for the status of my decision a month ago, she checked my file, and then said that a decision had not been made. I asked her what that meant and she told me that she was "not allowed to talk about it". -- That really freaked me out and I immediately thought of a thousand things that could of meant (my file was lost, burned in a fire, accidentally thrown away...).

Now whenever I call and ask for my status they give me a generic "we are backed up you will hear in X days" answer. I think they must be getting a lot of calls about it. Hopefully soon...

When I asked for the status of my decision a month ago, she checked my file, and then said that a decision had not been made. I asked her what that meant and she told me that she was "not allowed to talk about it". -- That really freaked me out and I immediately thought of a thousand things that could of meant (my file was lost, burned in a fire, accidentally thrown away...).

Now whenever I call and ask for my status they give me a generic "we are backed up you will hear in X days" answer. I think they must be getting a lot of calls about it. Hopefully soon...

I remember when I called wayne state way early in the application cycle, pre-secondary, some secretary lady "kindly" told me straight out that I got rejected. That's why I inferred the UM secretaries would know the outcome of the decision.

im still waiting for an interview invite....

*crossing fingers*

my body's too small to handle the michigan cold anymore....... im ready to be somewhere warm and lovely with a great medical school.... so hopefully miami shows me some love soon b4 the interview season comes to a close......

im still waiting for an interview invite....

*crossing fingers*

my body's too small to handle the michigan cold anymore....... im ready to be somewhere warm and lovely with a great medical school.... so hopefully miami shows me some love soon b4 the interview season comes to a close......

I would like to hear from them as well.