Miami People...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ida1

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey kids, just checking in...

Anyone heard anything from Miami yet? I have good news. There will be one less contender. I've decided that to pull my name from the waiting list. I got the call from the University of Utah today (after numerous kind updates on my waitlist position, by the way) and after weighing my options, that's the best choice for me. Salt Lake City, here I come....

As soon as Utah sends me the letter, I'll send ol' Hinkley a note. I'm going to miss pining away the time, complaining about UM's horrible behavior with you guys. Good luck to all of you.

Members don't see this ad.

Ida,
...congrats for a chair at Utah...keep in touch and let us know how it is...
did they call you or what :clap:

Thanks Blame.

The dean called and left a message on my office voicemail while I was at lunch today. I called her back once I returned. What a relief!! I didn't get a thing done all afternoon at work though... :p

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations Ida!!!! :clap: :clap: Miami doesn't deserve the caliber of student you are. When you write the letter to Hinkley really let him have it. Throw a right punch and left upper cut for me, since I won't have the luxury of doing so. :wink:
Cane

You'll never believe this!!! I got a call from Hinkley today....I got in!!!!

Isn't that hilarious, the day after I finally decide that I'm going to Utah, UM suddenly wants me!!! :rolleyes: He left me a voicemail today, but I couldn't call him back because of the east/west time difference. I'll call him first thing in the morning. I'll listen to what they are able to offer, but I am still pretty sure that they will not be able to beat what Utah has to offer. They really know how to drive us crazy, don't they?!!!!

That's awesome!! At least they let someone know. Please let us know what Hinkley says when you speak with him. Hopefully the rest of us will know soon. Congratulations!

Congrats Ida!!!! So, what bull...er, explanation did Hinkley give you? Are you going to UMiami or Utah? Later.
Cane

Any word yet? Have any in-staters gotten off the waitlist? Cane, Papa ... what's the deal?

dank, enable your Private messages.

Nothing dank, and I think I have lost all hope to get off the waitlist. Oh well. :rolleyes:

Papa... I think I have just done it.

Papa... I think I have just done it.

dank, I just sent you a PM.