Miami vs. San Antonio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Miami Miller or UTHSCSA? (Equal Total Cost of Attendance)

• Miami Miller

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • UTHSC-San Antonio

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters

member13256

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Assuming EQUAL TOTAL COST OF ATTENDANCE, which would you choose and why?

Both schools are apparently known for relatively happy students. San Antonio seems like a nice city, but I think Miami as a city is still a better fit for me and is a bit more happening. Right now, I'd like to match into a specialty (perhaps a competitive one). My family lives in Houston, but I don't know how often I'd be able to visit home anyway. I'm not sure if I'd like to go back to Texas for residency or not, but I'd like to keep my options open. Is Miller prestigious enough that it'll open more doors over UTHSCSA?

Thanks for any advice

Members don't see this ad.

I've heard the same. I don't think you can go wrong. Miller might confer a tiny advantage come residency time, but I'm not a residency director. I think fit, location and happiness will have a bigger influence on your performance. Personally, the excitement and beaches of Miami might sway me. At the same time, the laid-back atmosphere of SA might be more pleasant. You'll succeed at either; this is a close call, a personal decision.

Did you just call Miami "happening?" Umm 1993 called....

All jokes aside pick Miami ;)