Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Miami VS. Stony Brook

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by iceberg slim, Apr 12, 2007.

1. iceberg slim

Pre-Medical
    I've been accepted into both U.Miami-Miller and Stony Brook and am having trouble deciding which one to attend. I'm instate for Stony Brook, so the tuition would be almost twenty thousand. But, for Miami, the tuition would be about thirty-nine thousand. What are your opinions? Is Miami worth the extra money or should I just attend Stony Brook?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Old ortho

Medical Student
    I always believe a decent state school is a better deal than an out of state school unless the out of state is way better. The difference, if any, between Miami and Stony Brook is not worth $76,000 price difference over four years.

4. AnEyeLikeMars

AnEyeLikeMars Member

Pre-Medical
    I agree

5. DrZeke

DrZeke yzarc gniog ylwolS

Resident [Any Field]
    Even though Miami has a lot of new and upcoming things going on, Stonybrook is a great school with a solid rep. If you are looking to match into the the north-east or specifically NY you will have no problem. Also considering the rep of Stonybrook and if you could see yourself happy there, then it's not worth the $ to go to Miami.

6. Old ortho

Medical Student
    Agreed!

7. DrCurious

DrCurious Senior Member

Pick the one you see yourself being happy yet. 76k may be worth it if you think Miami is the better choice. But otherwise, if there is nothing drawing you to Miami, go with stony.

8. Kfire326

Medical Student
    I, too say stony.