miami

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jamnx

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What's the deal? I interviewed a month ago. They don't have that many interviewees.

Members don't see this ad.

Apparently they haven't gotten to you yet.

perceptive.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sharks are smart...don't insult him!

Yo, so I interviewed over 2 months ago, and I'm STILL waiting...

and waiting...

and waiting...

Apparently, I'm somewhat of a unique case, in this regard. When I called a month ago for some explanations, they told me they were "running behind." Whatever. I'm gonna be a little more demanding if I have to get on the phone again this Friday, cause seriously...this is getting ridiculous.

Originally posted by CalBeE
Sharks are smart...don't insult him!
:clap: Hooray for sharks.

Originally posted by DoctorKevin
anyone think Dr. C and sharky are somehow related??
I can assure you Kevin I'm not this Dr. C that you speak of. I am shark, hear me roar. ;)

To the OP.... hang in there. Miami accepts around 2/3 of those they interview! The remainder are waitlisted for the most part. I'm not sure of how much UM's waitlist moves, though. I'd assume there's a decent amount of movement.

Did anyone who was expecting to hear from Miami today or yesterday hear from them?

I'm really at a complete loss. They told me I'd hear Feb. 4 or Feb. 18, then on Feb. 20 I called and they told me I'd hear this week...and still nothing. So, I'm wondering if ANYONE heard anything, and if so, could you please say when you interviewed? Thanks.

I interviewed in early January and was told about that we'd hear by Feb 4, but found out that my file will be reviewed later in the month when I called -- so I was told Feb 20. Then I called again only to find out that it's been postponed until the next committee meeting. First week of March, i finally got the email of acceptance -- although I was ready for getting my filed postponed yet again. They're probably just running behind, and I can sympathesize with the wait. They review files from all batches (i.e. folks who interviewed with you, and after you), so it's a bit random when you find out -- kinda sucks... hope this helped! good luck.