Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

miami

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by jamnx, Mar 17, 2004.

1. jamnx

jamnx Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

What's the deal? I interviewed a month ago. They don't have that many interviewees.

2. Sharky

Sharky Shark
    7+ Year Member

Apparently they haven't gotten to you yet.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jamnx

jamnx Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

perceptive.

4. CalBeE

7+ Year Member

Sharks are smart...don't insult him!

5. MabdulD

MabdulD Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Yo, so I interviewed over 2 months ago, and I'm STILL waiting...

and waiting...

and waiting...

Apparently, I'm somewhat of a unique case, in this regard. When I called a month ago for some explanations, they told me they were "running behind." Whatever. I'm gonna be a little more demanding if I have to get on the phone again this Friday, cause seriously...this is getting ridiculous.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. zinjanthropus

Physician Faculty 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Hinkley givesm most interview groups a specific date for when you should hear from him

7. Sharky

Sharky Shark
    7+ Year Member

:clap: Hooray for sharks.

8. anyone think Dr. C and sharky are somehow related??

9. Sharky

Sharky Shark
    7+ Year Member

I can assure you Kevin I'm not this Dr. C that you speak of. I am shark, hear me roar. ;)

10. drlexygoat

drlexygoat Eat, Drink, and Be Merry
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    To the OP.... hang in there. Miami accepts around 2/3 of those they interview! The remainder are waitlisted for the most part. I'm not sure of how much UM's waitlist moves, though. I'd assume there's a decent amount of movement.

11. MabdulD

MabdulD Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Did anyone who was expecting to hear from Miami today or yesterday hear from them?

I'm really at a complete loss. They told me I'd hear Feb. 4 or Feb. 18, then on Feb. 20 I called and they told me I'd hear this week...and still nothing. So, I'm wondering if ANYONE heard anything, and if so, could you please say when you interviewed? Thanks.

12. desimunda

desimunda New Member

I interviewed in early January and was told about that we'd hear by Feb 4, but found out that my file will be reviewed later in the month when I called -- so I was told Feb 20. Then I called again only to find out that it's been postponed until the next committee meeting. First week of March, i finally got the email of acceptance -- although I was ready for getting my filed postponed yet again. They're probably just running behind, and I can sympathesize with the wait. They review files from all batches (i.e. folks who interviewed with you, and after you), so it's a bit random when you find out -- kinda sucks... hope this helped! good luck.

13. MabdulD

MabdulD Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Yep. thanks.