Mich. State U. COM named 5th best Medical School for Primary Care

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sexyman

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I thought this was pretty cool.

In the US News & World Report America's Best Graduate Schools MSU COM ranked #5 in primary care and U. of N. Texas Health Sci. Ctr COM was ranked 34 tied with Duke, UCONN, and University of Alabama Birmingham.

Also in the same magazine there is an interview with a PCOM student Laura Bajor that was a Navy Pilot before going to PCOM for her DO.

Members don't see this ad.

I thought this was pretty cool.

In the US News & World Report America's Best Graduate Schools MSU COM ranked #5 in primary care and U. of N. Texas Health Sci. Ctr COM was ranked 34 tied with Duke, UCONN, and University of Alabama Birmingham.

Also in the same magazine there is an interview with a PCOM student Laura Bajor that was a Navy Pilot before going to PCOM for her DO.

Plus...

OSUCOM #30
WVSOM #50

D.O. schools have always been excellent for primary care education.

Plus...

OSUCOM #30
WVSOM #50

D.O. schools have always been excellent for primary care education.

Now if only we could get our hands on that NIH funding. :idea:

Members don't see this ad :)
Now if only we could get our hands on that NIH funding. :idea:

What for?

Last time I checked NIH funding produces better researchers, not necessarily better physicians.

I never knew Laura was a pilot ... have to ask her about that next time I see her.

BTW, she's now at Harvard for her residency.

What for?

Last time I checked NIH funding produces better researchers, not necessarily better physicians.

After the budget for the trial/experiment/etc is set, theres an extra chunk of cheddar on top of that for "administration". At UNLV a prof told me it was like 25% of whatever the grant was. That money then goes back into the department. How do you think the big names fund those big fancy hospitals, atleast the ones that arent county operated? Endowments help some schools, tuition wont even come close.

After the budget for the trial/experiment/etc is set, theres an extra chunk of cheddar on top of that for "administration". At UNLV a prof told me it was like 25% of whatever the grant was. That money then goes back into the department. How do you think the big names fund those big fancy hospitals, atleast the ones that arent county operated? Endowments help some schools, tuition wont even come close.

So big names = better education?

So big names = better education?

more like

big names= pretty buildings or flashy high tech neuro-laser-time-warp machinery that med students can't touch

more like

big names= pretty buildings or flashy high tech neuro-laser-time-warp machinery that med students can't touch

Come to PCOM. You can use surgical simulators as a first year student.

Why cant you?...isnt mercy the affiliated hospital for DMU...cant you get one of your professors or maybe the dean ask to go "play" with it.

Probably, but........:hijacked:

:laugh:

Trust me friend, Ive rotated with some of the biggest names out there. But if you think for one minute that you, as a student, are getting any appreciable face time or interaction with them you are sorely mistaken.

But, as a pre-health student (pre-nursing?) I'm sure you opinion is one that should be taken quite seriously. :rolleyes: