Michael Burry shorts TSLA, Elon Loses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Speaking of which.. Coinbase stock down ~14% today... yikes. What if you bought in during the IPO? Theranos looks like a better investment.

Members don't see this ad.

Speaking of which.. Coinbase stock down ~14% today... yikes. What if you bought in during the IPO? Theranos looks like a better investment.
Cathie wood has like $100 mil dollars worth of Coinbase stock in her fund. She was recently buying too.

Cathie wood has like $100 mil dollars worth of Coinbase stock in her fund. She was recently buying too.
Maybe now is a good time to purchase Coinbase stock? It's high was ~$330 I think and now it's hovering in the $60s. I guess she knows something I don't (which isn't much to begin with).

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe now is a good time to purchase Coinbase stock? It's high was ~$330 I think and now it's hovering in the $60s. I guess she knows something I don't (which isn't much to begin with).
She has her own private crypto fund and believes in crypto. She has a Bitcoin monthly report where they have all kinds of research into Bitcoin.

She’s buying more Coinbase stock following the drop in price.

Last edited:
Of note--- why do you think BTC is pumping? You can assume that the trouble with banks is resulting in people putting their money in BTC. But what evidence is there for this? None. Deposits don't go up on coinbase, they are hemorrhaging cash.

What's driving the pump? Look at Tether printing, which is likely 100% driven by hot air. They have printed $20BUSDT since Jan... and what a coincidence, that every time it prints BTC prices go up.
click on market cap to see Tether prints

It printed $2B in Jan. The timing doesn't correlate 100% with BTC going up to $20K, so likely other factors were also at play (I'm still assuming all manipulation though, just other kinds). After that, all price and prints are correlated. $2B more printed between 2/13 and 2/19, right when BTC was correcting (a known Tether printing strategy), driving BTC from $21k to $24K over the same time, Then another massive print March 11, exactly when BTC was correcting again, from $20K to currently around $30k. The printer has not stopped since ($7B printed since then).

Who is putting billions into Tehter? How? Those printed tethers go to the exchanges, who can't get $$ without banks, and are used to buy BTC, driving the price in USDT. USDT maintains it's peg with USD on only a few exchanges, and since most of this action is by the exchanges themselves it is not hard to maintain the peg.

Nothing stops them from doing it. Yet.

She is following the Michael Saylor strategy of investing. Loudly tell everyone what you are doing and how much you believe in it to get them to follow you. Maybe then leave others with the bag.

COIN is a terrible company hemorrhaging business and cash, AND were just notified by the SEC they are under investigation for securities fraud, AND have recently announced they are looking to move out of the US because their business is unsustainable in a regulated environment.

Are you sure you want to put your money into that? Sounds like you'd just be Cathie Wood's bag holder when she bails.

Reactions: 1 users
She is following the Michael Saylor strategy of investing. Loudly tell everyone what you are doing and how much you believe in it to get them to follow you. Maybe then leave others with the bag.

COIN is a terrible company hemorrhaging business and cash, AND were just notified by the SEC they are under investigation for securities fraud, AND have recently announced they are looking to move out of the US because their business is unsustainable in a regulated environment.

Are you sure you want to put your money into that? Sounds like you'd just be Cathie Wood's bag holder when she bails.
Pump N' Dump

Reactions: 1 users
Theranos maybe better theoretically, but none of them are good...