Michigan committee meetings

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

El Jefe

The Jefe
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know when the next committee meeting is for Michigan? I interviewed there at the beginning of January so I think I should be coming up for review pretty soon. Just wondering what day I should start checking the status page/calling religiously.

Members don't see this ad.

When I was there in late January, they said that we could expect a decision at the end of February. So I guess the answer to your question is any day now!

Nevermind, just checked the status page and found out I was waitlisted. Eh there goes one more hope down the toilet :( .

Members don't see this ad :)
jefe...

do not fret about your michigan waitlist. write a letter right away reiterating your interest. i was pulled off the waitlist two weeks after being put on it and was offered acceptance after writing a letter. persistence pays off!

dukegirlie :wink:

Does anyone know when the committee is suppossed to meet for February interviews? I interviewed on Feb 1st.

Jefe,

What date did you interview? I interviewed on 01/11 and I haven't heard anything. Where on the status page did it tell you that you were waitlisted?

Thanks.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by punkin2:
•Jefe,

What date did you interview? I interviewed on 01/11 and I haven't heard anything. Where on the status page did it tell you that you were waitlisted?

Thanks.•••••I interviewed on 1/18. It's on the first line of the status check page. The same place that used to say I have been offered an interview invite scheduled for 1/18. If my status changed before yours that's kind of weird. Not sure who that would be a better sign for though...

bump

Does anyone know when the committee is suppossed to meet for February interviews? I interviewed on Feb 1st.

I, too, interviewed on 02/01. On that day, I was told by Dean Wahr and Katie Horne that we won't hear about a decision until mid march. Please post any new information.

i interviewed 2 days ago. i was told that the adcom was meeting in a couple of weeks and that i should hear something by mid march. good luck.

To all those January interviewers--Katie Horne sent me an e-mail today notifying me of my acceptance to Michigan. This occurred even though there was no change to my status page on their website. I interviewed on January 11. Good luck to everyone who is waiting to hear from them.

Has anyone who has interviewed on or after 01/11 received any response by mail?

Thanks!